Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 W211 E320
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got it, it had about 126k ... I am now up to 140 in my roughly two years of ownership. Engine still purrs smooth, doesn't leak a drop, and burns nothing!

Another 15k and it'll be time to wear the 155k badge proudly!

Long live the W140

I plan to run mine to a million if it'll make it :D

·
BenzWorld W140 Host
W140 S 320 L & R129 500SL
1,918 Posts
Congrates. Mine reached 200k KM last Saturday night. Lots of overhaul done(Gearbox transmission ,wheels bearing ,Engine parts etc) :D

Got it around 2002 when it's only around 30k KM . Import it used from Singapore.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
When I got it, it had about 126k ... I am now up to 140 in my roughly two years of ownership. Engine still purrs smooth, doesn't leak a drop, and burns nothing!

Another 15k and it'll be time to wear the 155k badge proudly!

Long live the W140

I plan to run mine to a million if it'll make it :D
Congrats, I thought you had to get rid of it once you hit the mileage equal to the chassis, which is why I bought the 210. :rolleyes:

However, at the rate you're going, it's going to take you 122 years to get to a million miles, you'll have to find a longer commute, dude. :eek:

Take care and (continue to) enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
W140 S class, W202 C class, Ford Scorpio Ultima
47 Posts
Many congatulations Matt,

Good for at least another 140k !

I have an S320 W140 that is at 149k and will be getting a bit of attention in the gearbox dept. soon, otherwise good as new!

Enjoy the SPM (smiles per mile)

All the best,

Chris.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 W211 E320
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Enjoy the SPM (smiles per mile)
SPM Indeed! Sometimes while driving it just puts a smile on my face when I remember I'm driving one of the finest cars on the planet! When I remember the amount of R&D and quality engineering that went into these cars, it always makes me proud to own one.

We don't all simply own a 'car' with four wheels that gets us from A to B, we own a Mercedes-Benz S-Class! An engineering marvel! These cars are still years ahead in engineering than brand new cars of most every manufacturer. That's certainly something to be said. :bowdown:

·
Registered
W140 S class, W202 C class, Ford Scorpio Ultima
47 Posts
We could start a new Religion, but what would we call it??

S tianity :bowdown::bowdown:

Seriously though, They really are the best cars in the world bar none and even today, manufacturers are playing catch up to its sheer Magesty!

Let us all basque in the glory of the 'S'

All the very best,

Chris.:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts