Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I love it!!!!
I have a permanent flow of jizz in my pants every time I start it.

But, this is my problem. I just took delivery of it yesterday, and of course I needed to give it a good ride. It's an 06 with mods done. The only one I know for certain is the eisenmann exhaust. I know it has headers, a pulley and it's chipped, but I couldn't tell you by whom. So I was on the highway doing 80, and I wanted to see what it could do. Kickdown! It f$&kin took off. But, at about 140, I hear this pop, or bang, and I get loss of power high end. Still picks up really quickly low end, but it's like there's no more balls on the high end. I've done so e homework, and I think it's the i/c pump. Or the s/c just went into shutdown, but I'm afraid of getting on it again to see if the balls are back. I'm more concerned with the bang I heard. Has that happened to anyone??? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I doubt if it was "chipped". The ECM may have been re-programmed, but no chip replacement that I've seen anywhere--(anyone else, please feel free to correct me on this)

A "pop"or "bang" at 140 mph could be a number of things... fuel cut-off by the ECM programming, supercharger or intercooler gasket failure or some intake system failure....take your pick. I would lean more towards an ECM issue (cutting off the fuel supply) than an intake system failure, as you describe that it still has lots of power on the low end of things.

you need to find out from the PO who did the ECM tuning and what parameters were put in.

I/C pump failure is an easy diagnose

a chassis dyno run can tell you a lot. find a good local shop that has one, do a couple of runs to see just what the engine/car is doing. If it's screwed up, a dyno will find it.... or break it. I have a shop 1 hour from me that charges less than $100 per pull.... perhaps you have one in your area?

Good luck----

1 - 2 of 2 Posts