Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
w208
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks every1.....
the product is VHT Niteshades...took about 2 n half hrs to remove taillights, tint n clearcoat em n put em back in.....basically..jus covered up the white part with tape and then sprayed away....make sure u spray for at least a good foot away for each coating or else it bunches together and runs...n if it does...DO NOT use a paper towel...youll get mad lint (my initial mistakes)....i probably put about 10 layers all together even tho it says dont put more than 3 cuz the light might not shine thru lol.....but i tested it as i was doin it n the taillights are obviously still shinin thru...n i wanted it black...not like dark red....just let it try after each coat or tint.....after ur totally dun tintin....take off tape off the covered part and then clearcoat the whole taillight with a few coats....then just let dry and put ur tails bak in!...

this is where i ordered from...$22 shipped with clearcoat
Never Enough Auto - Universal Items :: Accessories :: Paint :: Misc Specialty Coatings :: VHT Nite Shades SP-999

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,418 Posts
your car is sick, i'm lovin it, definitely a head turner...and also, i see you put the amg badge on your ride, at least your popped on the clk55 badge too

:thumbsup:

I'd get my tails tinted as well, but I'd rather have a shop do it then do it myself

·
Registered
w208
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
BENSIN said:
your car is sick, i'm lovin it, definitely a head turner...and also, i see you put the amg badge on your ride, at least your popped on the clk55 badge too

:thumbsup:

I'd get my tails tinted as well, but I'd rather have a shop do it then do it myself
thankss...n na the badges and otha AMG shit was all ova the damn car wen i bought it ..its all getn shaved off n removed wen it goes in for the bodywork...

as for the taillite tints...i think u shud jus do it urself if u hav the time...its prety ez and youll save like $200...

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,418 Posts
True, but with my luck I'll probably turn out screwing it up, I was thinking of my CLK430 badge gunmetal or black, same for the star in the front. I'd imagine it would make the badge stick out more on your car since it's a lighter color. I've seen it done on various different cars, looks pretty nice. :D

·
W203, W210 Moderator
E55 ///AMG
6,911 Posts
Sorry to ask but that is CLK 55 AMG? our factory tailights are already smoked.

Take care & enjoy the ride,
JOE55

·
Registered
1999 clk 430
59 Posts

·
Registered
2003 SL500, 2000 S500 Lorinser, 2006 SL, 06 Bentley GT
111 Posts
That looks so good, especially with the black wheels..Good job!!!:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

·
Registered
w208
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Phade said:
yo if i get some extra tails can i ship em your way and have you tint em for a fee of course let me know..
me?
lol i guess....but jus keep in mind it aint a perfect perfect job...if u look upclose the edges aint perfect but it still looks fine for the most part....

·
Registered
w208
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Phade said:
shit looks good enough to me you know anywhere i can buy some clk taillights ?
not too sure..??...only thing i cud really think of is the obvious - ebay, junkyard or dealer....or if u get the part #s from the dealer...order it from like oempartsdirect.com or one of them simliar sites.....or mayb sum1 on the board sellin a set?

i found this but seems a too expensive...$68 for just one of the smaller trunk peices...
Mercedes Benz Parts 2000 CLK 430 Coupe Mercedes Benz Tail Light Lens

1 - 20 of 24 Posts