Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1990 560SEL
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I got carried away. Up to now I've cleaned my car with whatever my son had left over from his Ford Explorer, and I can't remember ever waxing her! So, I was overdue. I used Meguiars NXT Generation Car Wash --- Loved it 'B+', smelled good, nices suds, very clean; Mequiars Scratch-X --- marginally necessary but did clear up many of the swirls, but you can get tired doing a whole car with a tube the size of toothpaste and then realize that you still have to wax 'B'; Mothers Clay System (I really didn't need this at all since my finish was already very good) --- hated it, unnecessary, over-hyped and the lubricant is messy and leaves a filmy residue that resists cleaning off; But the star of the program was the Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Paste Wax --- Wow! 'A+' goes on and comes off easy and the color was a shade or two darker --- and the more you rub the deeper the shine --- I wish I hadn't been so exhausted or I'd really had gone to it.

·
Registered
2004 E55-1970 280SEC
2,026 Posts
Here's a tip to save you an extra step. Clay your car when you're washing it. Make sure you have lots of suds when you do. Saves you from washing after claying. Also invest in a Porter Cable buffer, you will cut your rubbing time by 90% and the results will be even better. Hand rubbing just can't cut it compared to maching buffing.

Glad you liked NXT!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts