Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
380se ,380sec,560sec,560sel,300e,500e,e55,e55,e55,ect...
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got left when i took off in d then 2nd time i put it in 1st and manual shifted by 3rd gear his front was behind me completely.

2000 e55---- r airbox- secret fabricated installed free flow cat on drive side..need to do the other..

Cars taken out.. srt-4 neon,wrx sti-evo-srt-8 charger,300,challenger. 2003 vette.. carrera 4 boxter,svt lightning.cayman, ill list them as i remember...

Am i out of line posting this here? who have you spanked? drive safe... light to light..

·
Registered
02 E55 & 07 SL55
52 Posts
I got left when i took off in d then 2nd time i put it in 1st and manual shifted by 3rd gear his front was behind me completely.

2000 e55---- r airbox- secret fabricated installed free flow cat on drive side..need to do the other..

Cars taken out.. srt-4 neon,wrx sti-evo-srt-8 charger,300,challenger. 2003 vette.. carrera 4 boxter,svt lightning.cayman, ill list them as i remember...

Am i out of line posting this here? who have you spanked? drive safe... light to light..
do you pass smog with that free flow cat?

·
Registered
2000 W210 E55 AMG, Silver/Black - Stock
611 Posts
I would like to know more about the cats and passing smog. Is the E55 exhaust restrictive? One cat done? SS Camaros are fast. If it was a 6-speed manual, a W210 E55 will probably beat them every time unless the driver really knows how to drive. I love autos. "Point and click".

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you pass smog with that free flow cat?
i dont know i got it done 3 months ago and i did smog for this last year... im thinking i should go pay for the test...but after i put the other set of cats in.. Oh each side of manifold down has 2 cats,primary and secondary,,, 2100 sucker price...and 1700 with an account and buisness license...400 dollars is good money but 1700 still steep..

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice !!! Do u notice a big difference withe free flow cat? Did u also do the x-pipe?
No x-pipe only thing changed was the 2 cats,primary,,front..and secondary..back..the custom fabrication comes from the front cat being bigger than stock.What happened is i had it ran on the computer and code came as back o2 sensor...any how check engine light would come on one day.l.turn off the next then stay off....before the cats...when i would floor it..it would bog or choke for a sec like it a turbo spooling up then pow....gone.... well i figured that my cat was being clogged up..and when i had it checked again...the light had been on for 3 days..and my 5 and 6 cylinder were missfiring...so plug was changed...then came the cat..my muffler guy showed me the primary cat..it was hollow..it was all blown into the second....so now the diffrence is when i gun it... it just pulls...no bogging..

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would like to know more about the cats and passing smog. Is the E55 exhaust restrictive? One cat done? SS Camaros are fast. If it was a 6-speed manual, a W210 E55 will probably beat them every time unless the driver really knows how to drive. I love autos. "Point and click".
oh speaking of smog on the last smog i did for this year i asked the tech how close was i from barely passing and he said my numbers were way low...I said really? Well i had put something kind of like a clearner in the gas tank and ran that half then filled up..

I called evosport to see about there cats but i spoke with some guy about 4 or 5 times and i had to figure which cat i needed... so when i told him both he said that i couldnt use the cat they sold as a primary.. another company told me the same....any how.... i guess yards wont sell you cats either...strong laws now on emissions..well im not paying 1700 for no stinking stock cats....shit ill make my car a track car then....and add pulley ,and other things..with that money and still have change..point is i saved about 1500 and thats all put in.. the story behind that camaro ss was i pulled up next to a cool fellow and i said ..LETS TEST THOSE NUTS....meaning the balls on his car... i took off in d and he didnt punch it at first ..then he pulls up and ask me...in that? obiously he dont know amg.. So you know the rest...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
need smog this year so see what happens.... in the mean time... add to the list... 2 335is...2010 m3...sho taurus.....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no no cats out.... only diffrence is

one side of are aftermarket and fabricated to fit. THE other side stock

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh...a panoz something and a mangusta qvole?..

oh...a panoz something and a mangusta qvole?..last year on 101 ...just couldnt figure out what that car was till i found it online..

·
Registered
2000 E55
8 Posts
the car helps but i think it's all up to the driver. I was pulling away from a new CL63 AMG last night. I doubt my E55 is faster but he couldn't keep up. this was going from 45 mph to 88 mph.

be safe out there and change your tires regularly. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i believe you....its possible

that either you punched it and he did a second afterward and he probably would of started closinging in at around 100 -120 because of gap or he had 2 or 4 people in car...So yeah...no you are right its the driver but i dont just play 1 time i like to do it at least 2 or 3 or more to make sure they know i won or toss up.... PUT THAT CAR IN 1ST GEAR MAKES A HUGE DIFFRENCE.. car length or more depending on your rival.... Im going to post somewhere else this morning i was driving my ladies toyota avalon and was saw this silver w210 e55 in san jose going northbound 101 to 280 -680 exit....couldnt catch closer because he stomped on it.. says e55 and renntech where amg goes...WHO IS THIS YOKEL?..... I WANT TO SEE YOUR VAINS...OR MOTOR!!!! HAHAHA [email protected] email if its your car or know this guy.....he was asian...looked like... had the little tail even...

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yester day i was behind a 5.0 2012

exit san jose 101----northbound.. blossim hill exit.. right on his ass..guns it..i gun it.. before the heller exit i had already passed him in 3 digits and i slowed down...65 all the way..i got the thumbs up from him..i waved for him to pull over because i wanted to do from start but no go...i have actually had this car for a week last year but couldnt hunt my bro down to drive the stang or my e55...anyhow..i love videos but not of me..hahahaha good day guys..

167k on car.. fresh tranny,,diffrential,,

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i dont street race i pass people when its safe big diffrece

Street racing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_racing‎
Street races are sometimes wagered on, either by the participants or observers. This is the origin of the term "racing for pink slips" (which means that the winner ...

now i passed this guy as he was just going to slow for me! heheheh and the camaro...well there was no wager or participants or pinks involved...

lets get this straight i dont speed where i would endanger my life or anyone elses by cutting people off or ect...

what is up your ass stroginoff? street racing....???

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
too all you hypocrites that criticize about street racing

Nobody in this forum can tell me that you have never passed anyone that annoyed you was going slower and you didnt romp on it...You bought an AMG for what reason? Yeah thats what i thought...surely not to drive it like an old lady...So why you bullshitn? Dont criticize anyone mr rightcheousness out there.....all you who talk bs but yet do the same... Again why did you by and AMG vehicle and do x pipe mods and headers and ect.... yeah... thats what i thought..

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts