Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ML320 1987 560SL
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Expensive ($500+) but now my seat doesn't have big brown cracks. Installation wasn't too hard. Would take about 1.5 hours if you start off with all the tools. The MB Startech was pretty useless. Didn't take pictures but I can write it up if there is any interest. Now working on the passenger electric seat module.

·
Registered
2000 ML320 1987 560SL
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
StarTech - Anybody have access?

I signed up today but can't get access to WIS. Have filed a case but I need info this weekend.

Need information on power seats. Don't need diagnostic - seat track is jammed, just need to see how to take the sucker apart! I need to extract the actuating screws or at least move them manually. It jammed at the rearward position so I can't get access to the screws to free up nut inside the gear housing. I promise to take pictures this time.

Craig

·
Registered
2000 ML320 1987 560SL
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice guess, but no prize

No, motor works, clicks, attempts to torque up on the drive shaft but the screw doesn't budge. It looks like there are a couple of nylon nuts (1 on each side) through which the long threaded shafts go through. Have taken the bolts out so that I could slide the assembly out the front but it's locked up solid. I don't know if there are more bolts to take out or not. An exploded parts drawing would help but can't get it out of StarTech today. Incidently as designed a loose connection would likely shut down all seat functions not just one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts