Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2006 S500 AMG Wifes Rig Hillbilly Girl 02 ML320
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was surfing the web and ran across this site![;)]Almost made me shed a tear![:)]But looks like hell of a place to shop for some parts![;)][;)][;)][;)]

Smokie

http://www.acegermanusedparts.com/gallery.php

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't wet myself but it made me sad to see all that nice iron stacked up like a bunch of old Chevys!!!!But I know some must die so others may live!!!I know whats thats like ! I am parting out a 92 Audi 100 CS and I was givin the once over by some folks on the Audi forum for parting such a nice car. But there are folks from coast to coast and Canada whose Audi's are running because of the parts I sold!

[;)][;)][;)][;)][;)]

Smokie

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
Get to bed Smokie!!....Its late damnet![:D]. Hows that 420 running? Any future plans for it...Maintenance,appearance,etc? BC[:I]

·
Registered
Chevy Monte Carlo SS
189 Posts
Oh, that is nothing. There is a place in Miami called Martin Ito motors. A lot of benzes have met their end there. The place has R129, W124, W126, W210, W140 and assorted BMW's. Trust me, its very saddening.

Let the tears begin:

http://www.martinito-motors.com/aboutus.asp

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bc! the 420 is runnin like a fine watch![;)] I just had the roof and trunk repainted ! looks a whole lot better![;)]Not sure about anymore dress items but I would like to tighten up the suspension some ! see if I can flatten out some of the body lean![:)] I would like to install a heavier front bar, but they are hard to find. Hey you think I could find a 124 limo bar in one of those yards? Dought it! Also some new shocks would be in order as I think they may be orig.![:(][:(]

Smokie

Attachments

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Mike !! Now I am totaly depressed!![:(][:(][:(] Good excuse to have a drink!!![:D][:D][:D][:D]

Smokie

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
smokiesman - 5/13/2005 9:27 AM

bc! the 420 is runnin like a fine watch![;)] I just had the roof and trunk repainted ! looks a whole lot better![;)]Not sure about anymore dress items but I would like to tighten up the suspension some ! see if I can flatten out some of the body lean![:)] I would like to install a heavier front bar, but they are hard to find. Hey you think I could find a 124 limo bar in one of those yards? Dought it! Also some new shocks would be in order as I think they may be orig.![:(][:(]

Smokie
Smokie...What did your shop charge you for the paintwork as stated? Regarding suspension...Have you done your 4 front sway bar bushings yet? Mine got done a week ago and man, what a difference in handling. Much, much tighter! My CLK430 is lowered and helps w/ body roll but can contribute to camber issues w/o camber adjusters. Id opt for a sway bar anti roll kit from eibach or H&R, AMG, *, etc.
I know they are available for 500e and could probably be easily modified to fit our cars. BC[:X][:0][:X][:0]

p.s....What are your favorite swiss watches? Mine are Franck Muller, Ulysiss Nardin,Patek Phillippe not in that order necessarely.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The paint job was dirt cheap for me! I bought the qt of paint which set me back $101[:(!]stuffs like gold or maybe there is gold in it?????[:D][:D][:D]Then the guy charged me $200 to shoot and clear it![;)][;)]I did a wet sand on it myself and hit it with the polisher![;)]It is not a show car finish but for a daily driver it sure looks a bunch better!!![;)][;)][;)]

BC u got some links for sway bar kits? I will have a look at those bushings!!

Smokie

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
Smokie...Try some of the brands i suggested for sway bars. Are you sure youre not beating that poor car to death with your radical driving habits??[:0][:0][:0]. Mine is in the body shop for the next week for a few small rust spots on fender wells, trunk deck near emblem. My guy will color in the trunk deck then end up re-clearing the whole trunk. Rust is only 1x2" but thats the correct way to do it otherwise it looks blended which i cant stand for!.

·
Registered
94 E420
132 Posts
I sent an e-mail parts request to Ace German Used Parts four days ago and have not received a response yet[V]. Maybe they are out of MB parts[:D].

Colorado

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bummer if its true!![:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(]

Smokie

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
God! just what I need another heart attack[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][V][V][V][V][V]

Smokie

·
Registered
1994 E320
1,730 Posts
Storm. - 5/15/2005 3:38 AM

you guys should go to the back streets of Sharjah (UAE),... what i have seen people do there will make your heart stop.
It's amazing how I managed to survive this long after what I've seen them do here in Jeddah!
But you know what? Nobody, and I mean nobody, is as clever as the Syrians: If they can't find a part (or can't afford it, which is usually the case,) they actually manufacture it locally!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Shady! Ya got that guys address? Maybe he could hammer me out a 124 limo bar!![:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Smokie

·
Registered
12-Camel TT S600
1,794 Posts
Six_wheeler - 5/15/2005 3:43 AM

Storm. - 5/15/2005 3:38 AM

you guys should go to the back streets of Sharjah (UAE),... what i have seen people do there will make your heart stop.
It's amazing how I managed to survive this long after what I've seen them do here in Jeddah!
But you know what? Nobody, and I mean nobody, is as clever as the Syrians: If they can't find a part (or can't afford it, which is usually the case,) they actually manufacture it locally!
i totally agree with u about the syrians.. they are totally pro's..especially in body works and paints.. for $900 USD.. i got my 560 painted so well the stealer wont belive its a non MB job at some shade tree paint works..

where do u live in jeddah anyway??

·
Registered
1994 E320
1,730 Posts
Hey Smokes, you don't need an address! All you gotta do is take a flight out there, take a cab to the nearest mechanic (make sure you haggle with the driver over the fare [:D]) and pop the question! You'll have a dozen mechanics all over you in three seconds! [:p]

Shady

1 - 20 of 21 Posts