Should I buy this car

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys

I am new to this forum . I live in florida and I found a 2006 clk 350 converible ..

76000 miles

Navigation, harman kardon, wood trim steering wheel, black exterior, tan interior..

drives great .. but it seems to have a low idle.. when the car is not moving .. u feel the car almost shaking..

They want 21000 for it.. should i buy or just look for another one .. I attached some pics as well..

Would be great to hear experiences from you

One other question .. Are you guys afraid to park your cars that have a soft top.. do you randomly find people trying to get into it or something?

Thanks a lot

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
With that mileage this car is due for an ATF change. Rotors too, if not already done. And the front suspension can show some wear at this mileage.

Make sure that the soft top raises/closes without fault. There are lots of things to go wrong there.

Read through the archives above ^^^ (Search) to find out about particular topics on the W209 cabriolet.

If the service records look good, and it rides well, I don't see a problem. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for your input keyhole..

They wouldn't give me the car until it passes through their service center..

After I take it, I have 3 days to return it .. I will take it to a mechanic ..

If he tells me anything is wrong with it.. I will simply return it...

I will specifically ask him about what you talked about

Thanks Again

·
Registered
2008 CLK350 Cabriolet Black w/Beige leather
57 Posts
I have a 2007 cab black with white looks just like this car. My only problem has been keeping the white seat belts looking white. If you figure that out, let us know.

It is about due for a complete B service but it has not given me a second of trouble. I drove over 2000 miles in it on trip up the Blue Ridge and Skyline drive and then on to upstate New York and it was a blast on the scenic portion.

It now has 63,000 miles on it. I park it about anywhere, but try to park away from other cars just to keep down door nicks. You might want to stay out of the "hood" with it, lol.

·
Registered
2004 clk55 amg
270 Posts
Hello guys

I am new to this forum . I live in florida and I found a 2006 clk 350 converible ..

76000 miles

Navigation, harman kardon, wood trim steering wheel, black exterior, tan interior..

drives great .. but it seems to have a low idle.. when the car is not moving .. u feel the car almost shaking..

They want 21000 for it.. should i buy or just look for another one .. I attached some pics as well..

Would be great to hear experiences from you

One other question .. Are you guys afraid to park your cars that have a soft top.. do you randomly find people trying to get into it or something?

Thanks a lot
I've got an 04 clk55 cabriolet...i've had a couple issues with my top...1st was a hinge for the panel that folds to store your top...the hinge with labor was $850...then when the hinge broke, the rear driver's side window regulator got stuck...that was another $1000.00 for parts and labor. Other than these couple issues (covered under warranty)...it's been a fantastic car to own. Just do be aware...make sure this car comes with a warranty...if it does not, see what the option of buying a dealer warranty is and see what it covers...everthing on this car is pricey to fix...EVERYTHING...if you take her into the shop for repairs...expect to walk out around $1000.00 lighter in the pocket. Good Luck and have fun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts