Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 1987 560 SEL, black on black, 150k in excellent condition. It's my 4th Benz in the past 5 or so years. My Mercedes journey thus far:

1991 190E gray/gray (ex-wife's)
1998 320E burgandy/tan (wrecked)
2007 C230 black/gray (currently for sale)
1987 560 SEL black/black

One of my best friends is also a W126 junkie, I think he's had 5 different ones in the past 6 years.

I'll get a few pics when the weather clears up. I have a few projects already in the works; just a few minor exterior "mods": euro headlights, all-red tails, smoked corners. There is some very slight reconditioning to be done inside and out, just enough to have a good few days working on it.

I'll post in the wanted/for sale area as well, but I'm looking for 16x8 15-hole wheels off of a R129, and 2nd-gen euro bumpers.

As for me, I'm on my 11th year in the Army, and have a great wife and 3 year old. (He's already a Benz fan!) Looking forward to the community and hopefully a few meets in the Charlotte, NC area.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Welcome to benzworld.

That sounds like a nice 560SEL you have. Good luck finding a second generation euro bumper here in the US though... You could probably find a first generation euro bumper much easier though. I'd go with an SEC euro bumper just to have the foglights in the bumpers instead. :thumbsup:

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RI
52,804 Posts
Welcome to Benzworld. Please complete your profile as this will help members give you the most accurate answer to your questions. Location is also important when we need to help you find parts etc. This forum is for introductions only and all questions should be posted on the appropriate sub forum for your car.

To edit your profile simply click on quick links “edit profile” (quick links is top Right of the page)

At the bottom of the page you will find forum jump, click on this and view all the available sub forums and there you will find the technical forum for your car.

For FAQ see Benzworld help here:

Benzworld.org - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum - FAQ: General Forum Usage

Benzworld help is for general enquires and all technical questions should be posted on the specific forum for your car. If you are not sure which forum it should be on then please ask me and I will give you a link.

Regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts