Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1992 300CE
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 97 E320 with 60,000 miles.
My only gripe with the car is that there is no CD capability - the radio has a cd button, but there is no changer in the trunk.

Does anyone know if I can buy a changer on eBay or somewhere else and easily install it? Anyone know?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
You can always buy it straight from the stealership. If there's a button for it then the wires should already be preset in one of the sides in the trunk, usually underneath the covering.

·
Registered
A few...
344 Posts
You can also buy a Blitzsafe adaptor to use with an Alpine changer. I did this with my 95 E320 & it works great.

Just google blitzsafe & you will see websites with them stocked.

·
Registered
85 300 TDT
2,260 Posts
I went to Crutchfield for an Alpine changer that was cheap. The install in the wagon was 20 seconds. No kidding/ Just buy the adapter = absolute plug and play!

·
Registered
1993 300D 2.5 Turbo
74 Posts
I have my 93 300D 2.5 Turbo and I think it has had a different becker put in it than what came originally. The new one is capable of running a cd changer, but I dont know how to tell if the chassis is actually wired for it. Does anybody know? Can i just get an adaptor and throw in a used alpine or oem changer?

·
Registered
95 E320 Coupe, 11 E350 4Matic P2
1,082 Posts
I take it you are looking for a Fibre Optic one if so, check in the for sale forum here, I saw one 2 days ago for 200.

·
Registered
1993 300D 2.5 Turbo
74 Posts
Still, how do you know if your car is wired up for the cd changer? What wire end should I look for? I assume it is in the right side of the trunk with the amp, is there somethjing there?

·
Registered
1996 MB C280
371 Posts
You know no matter how you look at this you should consider buying a input emulator and don't even bother with the CD changer. In reality having an ipod or equivilant MP3 player you can have hundred or thousands of songs with no sweat. This is what i've done in my car and i'm very happy with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts