Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 S55 AMG
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys :

I am new to this forum, i just bought a 2006 S55 AMG for $64k with 14k miles on it. I have never had a benz before, would appreciate any feedback if this is a good choice, also it comes with a 3 year warranty until 2011, should i get extended warranty on it? Also i would like to get a DVD player installed on the rear seats the delaer is asking $2800 for it, are there any other options?

Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
W221 S63, C180, A150
11 Posts
S55 owner

Hi,
I have an S55 L (2003). You have just bought the best car in the world! I have owned a few Mercs (123, 126, 140 ,W201 and W203 series) and this is as the reviews say is the 'daddy' of them all.
Get more warranty if you can because lots can go wrong because of everything is electronic.
You should have a good sound system as standard so I'm not sure why your dealer is offering you another (unless it's Bose or HK)?
Use a good oil (Mobil 1) and a good polish (something like Mercedes Meguiars or Meguiars original).
Let me know if you want any other info.
Also I recommend joining a site like Alldatadiy.com ALLDATAdiy.com :: Leading Source of Diagnostic and Repair Information because this can teach you a few things about your car.
Regards,
Malcolm

·
Registered
2006 S55 AMG
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Malcolm for your quick reply, it comes with a bose audio system , i meant LCD screens at the back of the two front screens for DVD viewing, I will try the other web sites you recommended and use the Meguiars polish and premium oil. Anyway i will get it serviced at the local mercedes dealer.I have warranty until 2011 so maybe i can get an extended warranty say around 2010 right? Yes you are right there is a lot of electronics and i need to learn a few things.Thanks again! if there is anything else i need to know pls let me know.
Best Regards
Vijay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts