Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002 CL55 AMG, 1993 190E 2.3L, 2004 SLK320 Sport
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the wheels, can't wait to install, waiting for the rain to stop here in TO.
I also have to purchase shorter 12mm lug bolts.....
I'll post pics soon...

19x8.5 front et35 235/35/19
19x9.5 rear et35 265/30/19

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the same size wheels and tires on my 2002 CLK55 Vert. Just had to replace the rear tires (Hankook Ventus V12 evo k110) after only 13k miles on them. Middle and outer portion work down to just below the wear bar and inner portion worn smooth down to where I could see the steel belts beginning to show.

Was this uneven wear due to non stock size of wheels and tires? Or do I have some sort of worn rear suspension issue/alignment issue. Tracks perfectly straight and true and front tires are wearing evenly.

·
Registered
W209 CLK500 & W220 S430
320 Posts
Just had to replace the rear tires (Hankook Ventus V12 evo k110) after only 13k miles on them.

Middle and outer portion work down to just below the wear bar and inner portion worn smooth down to where I could see the steel belts beginning to show.

Was this uneven wear due to non stock size of wheels and tires?

Or do I have some sort of worn rear suspension issue/alignment issue.
Tracks perfectly straight and true and front tires are wearing evenly.
The rear tires wear on the inside faster . . .

It's just the nature of the beast !

2 set's of rears for 1 front ?

Rotate winter wheels .

Red, *<:){)-

·
Banned
04 SL500 / 06 ML 500
2,004 Posts
hyprr1; I take it your car is original ride height ? If it is, what you see is what you get. If you do lower I strongly urge you to adjust front and rear camber with new springs and shocks. Fronts can be properly re adjusted with MB style camber bolts. Rears can only adjusted with aftermarket camber bars. Pic shows rears on camber bars. Otherwise you'll wear out a set of rears in >10,000 mi.

The rear tires wear on the inside faster . . .

It's just the nature of the beast !

2 set's of rears for 1 front ?

Rotate winter wheels .

Red, *<:){)-
Untrue. Tire wear on the rear (uneven, insides worst ) is because of not correcting rear camber after lowering. Its correctable and not that expensive. Its corrected with rear camber adjustable bars.

·
Registered
2002 CLK 430
191 Posts
Have the same wheels on my '02 CLK430 - not lowered, however. I can get them to rub when turning if I try and would rather not incur any additional issues. Look great (though tires proved to be unnecessarily expensive!)! Unrelated to the camber/wear; per an MB dealer last year, the right-rear (passenger rear) wears on most MB's ahead of others as this is the traction wheel these cars put the load towards as a priority when slippage is detected.

·
Banned
04 SL500 / 06 ML 500
2,004 Posts
Have the same wheels on my '02 CLK430 - not lowered, however. I can get them to rub when turning if I try and would rather not incur any additional issues. Look great (though tires proved to be unnecessarily expensive!)! Unrelated to the camber/wear; per an MB dealer last year, the right-rear (passenger rear) wears on most MB's ahead of others as this is the traction wheel these cars put the load towards as a priority when slippage is detected.
I have the same car on my wheels and; its lowered. I've never been able to rub even when turning and the tires cost $25 more than my oem 17" AMG rims it came with
Traction control is used on W208's as limited slip. Tire wear from side to side (let alone front to rear)is very, very minimal and won't cause any premature damage that lowering causes due to excessive camber.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts