Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to go with the Lorinser RS5s and I am so far happy with the decision. A fellow CLK owner in Chicago had them for sale on ebay and I was fortunate enough to make a deal with him.

I got (2) 225/40/18s and (2) 265/35/18s both with a 31 offset. The one concern I have is free space around the wheel. I have put both wheels up against the current 17s and the front seems fine. However the back seems like it is too big. I know many of you have 19s on 265, but I just want to make sure that my 2.5" drop on H&Rs will still allow me to accomodate 265/35/18s on my 55.

I have attached a few pics so I am excited to get all your feedback. They are the diamond finish, also one of the wheels has some curb rash and I am going to get that refinished before I have it mounted this weekend. I will be sure to send the pics when they are on.

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
whenevr you have a chance could you please post pics of the car from an angle where i could see the whole car with the rims, i was thinking about getting those rims and wondering how they looked from the front/side angle, car looks sick though, especially with those lorinser skirts, congrats.

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
when you got your lorinsers did they come with any mounting hardware? My wheels were not direct bolt on, they hit the control arm in the front and i had to use shorter bolts in the rears. i saw CEC wheels and e v o sport sell lorinser wheel mounting kits but they cost $99 per wheel! Let me know how your wheel install goes.

·
Registered
CL
297 Posts
Castorpimp - 4/26/2005 6:47 PM

when you got your lorinsers did they come with any mounting hardware? My wheels were not direct bolt on, they hit the control arm in the front and i had to use shorter bolts in the rears. i saw CEC wheels and e v o sport sell lorinser wheel mounting kits but they cost $99 per wheel! Let me know how your wheel install goes.
hey castor pimp, sorry i never replied to your PM about my LM5's but i forgot all about it. i went over to my storage unit the other day to check out my wheels and get them ready to get refinished and i double checked and i have an extra brand new set of lorinser adapters or spacers whatever you wanna call it. last year i had to buy a brand new set of lugs and i had to pay for the whole kit from cec. i kept my old ones on and just used the lugs. if you want them for a $100 shipped let me know. ill try to get back over there this week and take some pictures of them for you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Castor, BKLYN,

I have a couple questions before I have these mounted this weekend:

1) The guy I purchased the wheels from said that the wheels have spacers that make it have a 31 offset. Is this in the range for the W208 CLK55?

2) Called CECwheels and was told that the lug nuts/bolts for the RS5 wheels are 5x12mm. Do the 17" AMG monoblock wheels have the same size, or will I need to purchase these bolts separately at the store?

3) I have a 2.5" drop and am looking at putting 265/35/18s on back - will this cause any rubbing issues?

Thanks for all the help with these questions.

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
Yeah let me get that from you. If you can get some pics that would be great. I ordered 2 from CEC cause i didn't want to get all 4 for $400 i think it's a ripoff. PM me your payment info.

Lorinser, I think all MB use 5x112 bolt pattern. i think with the lorinsers you might need shorter bolts though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you know what size lug bolt I would need; I am wondering if it is the 12mmmX 1.5?

Also do you think the tire sizes look OK with a 2.5" drop?

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
my lorinsers are 18x8.5 all the way around and i used 245/40 tires with no problems, front should be ok, i'm assuming the rears will be fine since people go much larger in the rear. i think 10mm will work in the back

·
Registered
2001 SILVER CLK 430
750 Posts
You keep saying a 2.5" drop. I thought I read somewhere that you have H&R springs. Is that the case?

·
Registered
2001 SILVER CLK 430
750 Posts
"but I just want to make sure that my 2.5" drop on H&Rs will still allow me to accomodate 265/35/18s on my 55"

Ok, I'm just glad I wasn't seeing things, lol. Just so you know, on your H&R's you don't have a 2.5" drop. The sport H&R's come drop your car 1.4 in the front and 1.3 in the rear. Unless of course you got those super sporty springs but your ride would be absolutely horrible so I doubt the previous owner got that.

In any case, My ride has H&R's with the staggered 19" set-up. Mine doesn't rub at all so I'm sure you'll be ok with your 18's.

I'd show you a pic of my ride but they seem to be updating the gallaries so they run quicker (about time) and I cant get to the images.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks BrooklynCLK,

The guy I bought it from said it was lowered 2 1/2" on H&R DTM springs, so I guess he was wrong on that one.

Brooklyn, I also talked with CECwheels and they said that the lug nut size I want for the RS5s are 12X35mm, which is roughly equivalent to the 12mmX1 1/3" lug bolt. Can I find those type of bolts anywhere or am I better off looking for something in between such as a 12mm X 1 1/4" or 12mm X 1 1/2"? Thanks for any advice you can throw to me on these two issues.

·
Registered
2002 CLK-430
166 Posts
LorinserCLK55DTM,
I would also like to see the entire car if you can post pics. By the way, am i seeing things? What is it that I see inside of your rim? Never seen that and not sure if it is a reflection or what?

Cheers,
Frankie "V"

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
he hasnt installed his lorinsers so he put them over his amg's to show us what they will look like. no optical illusion here [;)]

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep, no optical illusion...should have them on Friday, so will be sure to post picks then.

By the way if anyone can give me some advice on lug nut sizing for the RS5 lorinsers I would be most grateful!

·
Registered
2001 SILVER CLK 430
750 Posts
The fucked up part is that I didn't even notice the "rim inside the rim" illusion until you mentioned something looking weird. Phew, gotta lay off the crack.

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
BKLYNbenz check your PM!

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
hey I only need 2. how much will you sell two of them for? PM me thanks!

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
do you have the bolts that came with them?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts