Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2003 C320 Sedan, 1992 400e sedan
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently aquired a 2002 s500 sedan. I have maintained the car personally for the previous owner. The car came with standard s500 options plus AMG sport package. I will take pictures of all the modifications this car will receive. It will get the following options

1 Tire pressure monitoring system
2 Rear Screen
3. Front Widescreen
4. Dynamic Orthopedic, vented, heated front AMG seats
5. Rear orthopedic, vented, heated, power, memory seats
6. Rear heater/ac
7. Parktronic
8. Distronic
9. Updated Interior
10. Updated headlamps and taillamps

I will post pics when i have them available shortly.

·
Registered
2001 S430
419 Posts
Why????? would you spend that kind of money? Hey its cool if you have a donor. But would it not be cheaper to buy a vehicle with those options? And will the wire harness accept those upgrades? That I am curious about. Go for it and good luck

·
Registered
181 Posts
Why????? would you spend that kind of money? Hey its cool if you have a donor. But would it not be cheaper to buy a vehicle with those options? And will the wire harness accept those upgrades? That I am curious about. Go for it and good luck
He owns a shop and is very, very good at upgrading w220's.

·
Banned
99 Merc S420 (80k Mi) 07 Lexus LS460 (21k Miles)
4,583 Posts
I agree. Shop or no shop, that is still very expensive and you still have a pre face lifted W220 under it all. It makes zero sense to put that kind of money into an 02. If you were talking about an 05 or 06, then maybe.

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
Sometimes it's just more fun to mod...

·
Registered
2004 Merz S430
260 Posts
PLEASE DO THE MODS AND KEEP US UPDATED AS I WOULD LIKE TO DO SOME OF THOSE MODS!!!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have had those parts sitting for quite some time waiting for a car so I got my 02 at a "steal" and decided to use it for this project. I will be posting pics as I upgrade the car.

·
Registered
2001 S430
419 Posts
that would be great I am curious for the car that does not come with a certain option can it be installed? Does the harness have the neccessary outlets? and do you have to enable via stardiag? Or do you have to modify,pull your hair out or sell your first born?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cars that do not have options do not also have the necessary harnesses in the car for those options. They must be added when adding the option. Programming via Star is necessary most of the time.

·
Registered
2004 Merz S430
260 Posts
How do you get all the Euro spec parts?? Dealer??

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry for the delay guys. Car is still in paint shop getting a few minor rust spots taken care of. I should have pictures next week. Interior is gutted already.

·
Registered
My Benz: 04 S430
1,219 Posts
I have had those parts sitting for quite some time waiting for a car so I got my 02 at a "steal" and decided to use it for this project. I will be posting pics as I upgrade the car.
Sunman I want to bring my car down to Houston and leave it with you so you can do something spectacular to it!! I'm in Austin..

I don't know what I want though I already have a lot.. its an 04.. We talked about parktronic I think in the past I was thinking I couldn't do that to my car.
But I am still trying to get video without sacrificing my SAT radio... I'd love a front bumper that has the big holes in the bottom for the FOG lights.. like the Lorinzor..

It seems I need one more Killer Mod.. but I don't know which....

"DM"

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
let me know when you want to come down.

As for the car, i have it back and i have lots of pictures I will post tomorrow. The car's interior is completely gutted out. I have added the following harnesses so far :

Parktronic
Stationary Heating
TV Tuner
Rear Power Seats
Dynamic Seats
Rear A/C

More to follow soon.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update

Headliner has been covered in factory alcantara grey now. I just installed it this morning. More pictures to follow.

·
Registered
W212 E350: AMG Sport/P2/Pano/Etc. & '09 Chevy Malibu / Sold M-B's: '06 E350 & '02 S500
514 Posts
sorry for the delay guys. Car is still in paint shop getting a few minor rust spots taken care of. I should have pictures next week. Interior is gutted already.
Are you talking about small rock-chip type Rust spots? I've got quite a few of those namely on the roof and I'm wondering if there's a way to get rid of them without re-painting the whole thing. I put some Touch Up paint over them which I found out I probably should have saved from doing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts