Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping that it is just the fact that I have an older I-Pod, but as of right now when I plug it in to the I-Pod connector in glove box all I get is music based on selection of I-Pod prior to being plugged in. I have no way of selecting songs, albums, artist, playlist, or for that matter even skipping to the next song. Is there a trick I am missing or something I am not doing right, or is my old 1st or 2nd gen Nano, not fully compatible with car. I hope this will be the case if I am limited to accessing the music that I have prearranged only I will be kind of upset. Also, I know that these engines are designed to learn your driving habits and adjust for best operation parameters. Is there a way for me to reset it since it was preowned, or will it slowly learn my style and adapt over time. Thanks and I look forward to spending some more time around the forum. Brian.

·
Registered
2000 ML320
24 Posts
ipod use

or older model (while brick with HD) works as follows.

select audio source on console

Select audio with on-steering wheel left hand button. Should display ipod controls (sound playing, playlist, etc.)

Use up down arrow to advance through songs

Use the button next to arrows to select play list, album, etc.

Kind of cludgie but it works.

·
Registered
2000 ML320
24 Posts
ipod use

Select audio with on-steering wheel left hand button. Should display ipod controls (sound playing, playlist, etc.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

OK So you don't use the comand console really except for bass Etc. The infiniti is great and so was the alpine I put in my pathfinder, but as long as it works I'll be fine, all my little girls music is on there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, that is it. It is a little wonky, but I guess it works I will just have to organize my ipod better, thanks.

·
Registered
'07 GL320CDI
5,111 Posts
THe iPod interface comes with a separate "user manual," and if yours is missing you can probably order one at 800.for.merc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts