Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 SLK55
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all..

I just put a deposit for a 2006 SLK 55. I'm curious if the dealer is blowing smoke. He told me that the car should be here in 2 months.

After reading the other posts on waiting lists, I'm wondering if I am being lied to or something?

Did anyone get a price better than MSRP on a 55 in States (particularly California)
Also any specific problems ppl having with the 55's in particular?

-Ron

·
Registered
06 M5, 07 RS4, 07 ML63
654 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like smoke to me since most dealers have quite a wait list on the SLK55, and since you're in CA, I would expect even more. But you never know... perhaps your dealer actually has an allocation for one scheduled for production by the end of the month and luckily for you, it was not spoken for. MSRP in Cali sounds great... I used to live in socal and I remember how notorious the dealers are with marking-up exclusive models like AMG's and such. Have them put it in writing: deliver your car in 2 months as promised or you get your deposit back or get a discount for every month they're tardy. Then tell them you have a deposit elsewhere and will readily jump ship if they're BS-ing you. Dealers will play games, so play along.

Problems? Well, my COMAND unit took a dump. Dealer replaced it and all is well now. Otherwise no problems at 2500 miles on the clock. Love the car and so will you.

·
Registered
2006 SLK55
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the salesman showed me the list of vehicles coming into the dealership. The 55 was marked as B1 stage in production and the legend stated that B1 stood for about 2 weeks (13-14 days) from production.

Stopped by another dealership and I was told that they has 2 55's coming in within 10-14 days that are not sold yet. Should find out tomorrow about the options on the car.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
237 Posts
Welcome to the friendly forum!!

I do not know what cars you have had in the past but I can tell you that you are going to LOVE this car!

BTW, if you are getting a car in 2 months, it should be a 2005 SLK55... Did you clarify that with your sales rep? [:0]

Good luck!

·
Registered
06 M5, 07 RS4, 07 ML63
654 Posts
mwalam - 5/9/2005 3:51 AM

Well the salesman showed me the list of vehicles coming into the dealership. The 55 was marked as B1 stage in production and the legend stated that B1 stood for about 2 weeks (13-14 days) from production.

Stopped by another dealership and I was told that they has 2 55's coming in within 10-14 days that are not sold yet. Should find out tomorrow about the options on the car.
Well, looks like you're good to go then! Like MKSM3 said, you will likely get a 2005 model. The first 2006 SLK models would have to have a build date of after July at the earliest. Only the new ML's and I believe the CLS's are currently available as '06 models. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2006 SLK55
10 Posts
My sales associate called me today (finally) and said that it was getting close to the point where my options/colors had to be finalized.

Production date? "6.2"
I asked what that meant and he said it would be the 2nd batch to be built in June which translates roughly to middle of the month.

Production year? "2006"

Just a FYI =) Can't wait to hear that 55 burble... an SL55 roared past my bimmer on Saturday night and I got goosebumps -- had me looking at the SuperSprint on my car in disbelief at how much quieter it was in comparison.

·
Registered
2006 SLK55
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm.. I will have to check with the salesperson again.

He did tell me that it would be a 2006 model. My deposit receipt shows that the deposit is for a 2006 SLK 55.

Also when he was putting in the specs I ordered, he called to let me know that for the 06 models, the Sateliite radio is included in the DVD navigation package
(or that Sat radio has to be ordered w/ DVD Nav). I did not want to get the Sat radio cause it would have the ugly brick on the trunk.[:(]

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
Maybe someone cancelled their order, so the dealer had a free slot, and luckily you just popped in to take over.

I've got a 55 with 5000 troublefree miles so far.

·
Registered
SLK350
128 Posts
Availability in the UK is a lot better now and one dealer told me he could get me into a custom spec (factory built) car in 6 weeks. Didnt tell him I already had mine - bought through a broker - and was just bending his ear on the issues I have been posting since joining this forum. Same dealer told me Bremen are ramping up output now that the demand has reached 'pent up' levels ! Seems like a good ol' sales tactic....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts