Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After going thru intense negotiations with the dealer, I ordered a Calcite White GL 450 with Sport Package and Passive Driver assist. For those that do not know, in Canada the GL comes pre-loaded with the following:
Park Assist, Airmatic, lighting package, interior light package, memory seat package, heated seats.

Also plan on installing an ECU Tune, as Mercedes de-tuned the 4.6L bi-turbo on the GL 450 down to only 362hp, when in the other models that use this engine the HP is 402 or 429. The tuning should bring HP up to 515 HP, almost in AMG territory!!!

·
Registered
2013 GL350, 2018 GLC AMG43
111 Posts
Sounds like an economical way to get a 550 equivalent. Order a 450 with the $2900 sports package and an ECU tune. I went the diesel route, a 350BT but it will look much the same. Diamond white with tobacco brown leather c/w climate comfort seats, brown ash trim, MSP sports package, premium package, MDA driving assistance.
The Canadian models certainly come with a lot of features as std equipment. Although only a few options listed above, the list of std and optional features totalled 2 1/2 pages on the technical details info the dealer provided me.
My build date is approx Sept 19 and my salesman recently advised the s/n allocated and advises they should have it by early Nov. Looking forward to my 1st MB product.

·
Registered
111 Posts
My 2013 GLBT should be here about mid-November. Will try and post some pics but by then there should be lots at the dealers to look at. I have already purchased a set of AMG style 20" wheels to mount a set of Blizzak winter tires on. May send a pic with both the 21" AMG factory wheels and the ones with the winter tires. Now that there is a separate X166 forum, probably best to post on that forum.
I was recently in the USA and saw a GL550 as it was off-loaded from the auto carrier in Rochester, Illinois. It looked exactly like the one I have on order except with the dual exhaust tips out back. Sure looked great.

·
Registered
2005 ML350, 2008 GL320, 2013 Gl350
234 Posts
My 2013 GLBT should be here about mid-November. Will try and post some pics but by then there should be lots at the dealers to look at. I have already purchased a set of AMG style 20" wheels to mount a set of Blizzak winter tires on. May send a pic with both the 21" AMG factory wheels and the ones with the winter tires. Now that there is a separate X166 forum, probably best to post on that forum.
I was recently in the USA and saw a GL550 as it was off-loaded from the auto carrier in Rochester, Illinois. It looked exactly like the one I have on order except with the dual exhaust tips out back. Sure looked great.

I think the front of the 550's is different too. ( AMG KIT Standard on 550 in Canada)

·
Registered
111 Posts
As mentioned above, my GL350BT will have the sports package so the front end should look the same as the GL550 which comes std with the sports package. According to the Canadian sales brochure the GL350BT sport packages includes: "Adaptive Damping System (ADS), AMG styling package with AMG cladding (includes front/rear bumpers, side skirts, fender flares and brakes), 21" AMG 5 twin-spoke wheels, illuminated aluminum running boards". The GL450 sports package also includes a dual exhaust system with exposed tailpipes.

Also the MB-Canada Product Management dealer guide for MY2013GL (X166) on page 8 shows front and rear pics of the AMG sports package and indicates it is std. on the 550 and optional on the 350/450. The appearance is the same. Will find out for sure when it arrives.

Interesting differences between USA and Canadian models. According to the USA brochure (on-line) the sports package is not an available option. But the on/off road pkg is available, as is designo leather. They don't show up as options in Canada. In Canada our premium package is the same as the USA premium 1 & 2 package, plus includes the panoramic roof. 20" wheels and trailer hitch are also std in Canada; optional in USA. Tobacco brown/black leather is an available colour in Canada but not in USA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts