Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ML320 (x2)
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to get a door or trunk open? :crybaby2:

I hate how you can lock the car with the car doors open. So, I just locked my only key in the ML.

I'm about to bust the small rear door window to get the key. Any other ideas would be great.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2004 ML500 w/ Sport Package
601 Posts
thats weird. my ML wont lock the doors that are opened when you hit the lock button. i would call the dealer or a shop and see if you can use some kind of slim jim device to open the door.

·
Registered
2000 ML320 (x2)
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bigburgundy: Maybe they changed that for 2004. :(

I tried prying the rear passenger's window, and it's pretty resistant to prying. My attention has turned to the sunroof and the side trunk window. The side trunk window seems like it might release if I pry on it enough. It exposes a nice seam to pry on too...

·
Registered
99ML320 (retired) C230 530xi 911-C4
2,229 Posts

I hate how you can lock the car with the car doors open. So, I just locked my only key in the ML.

I'm about to bust the small rear door window to get the key. Any other ideas would be great.

Thanks.
Call roadside assistance
cheaper than breaking something in your car.

BTW on my 99 you cannot lock your keys in the car.

If I have the key in the ignition then the drivers door will not lock when i exit the vehicle.
If I have the key out - then I'm using my key to lock and unlock the doors so that's a moot point.
If you unlock the door and there is no activity then the doors will lock automatically again.

·
Registered
2007 ML 500, 2008 ML 550, 2011 ML 63 AMG
363 Posts
Any tow truck (wrecker) or the auto club will get you in there in no time.

I thought these things were impenetrable when locked, till the mechanic locked the keys in my S-class, he had a guy there in minutes who had the door open in literally seconds!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you lock the doors while they are open by using the remote, the rear hatch will typically still open and set the alarm off...But then you have the key to power it off.
The next most feasible solution to not using roadside, (which if you do not have it is about $50, much less than a window replacement) is to use a meter stick, through the passenger window to depress the unlock button on the center console.
Good Luck

·
W163 and General M Gremlin
12,596 Posts

·
Registered
2004 ML500
150 Posts
Lol bobby,
He wasnt asking a Q. :)

He was posting his 1st on a 12yo thread. (like many newbies do....)
Why do people do this? I really don't understand these one hit wonders who join just to make a pointless comment on a long-dead thread. Seriously.

·
W163 and General M Gremlin
12,596 Posts
Well, then the joke is on me... which often seems to be the case...
lol no joke on you bobby. :)

We all do the same thing. We read it as a Q.
It's these 1 posters (one and you never hear from them again...in most cases)

Why do people do this? I really don't understand these one hit wonders who join just to make a pointless comment on a long-dead thread. Seriously.
It could be AI?
Most new members don't read the dates of the threads, perhaps.

·
Registered
2005 ml 350 VIN 4JGAB57E25A548558
353 Posts

Thanks.
i locked my 05 ml350 in june 2018. i was rushing trying to get back to watch game 7. left right in the ignition. i got a hammer and busted the small back seat vent window that is stationary. 50 bucks brand new oem from germany bought off ebay. i researched it, cuz i never replaced any kind of auto window, thought i needed some weather sealer so while i was at hardware store guy working there said to use thin twine and put lots of dishsoap on it. i tried for about 5 mins, wondering if this was too much for me. but autolife and autoglass wanted 250 and 325 in just labor. mine popped in the very next try. took 10 mins. i was skipping like a school girl all day that day!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.