Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

After months of researching this board, I was finally able to learn enough to install a phone/VCM in my 2001 E320. When I started all I had was the DB2 wiring and a generic V60 phone.

What I purchased;

Timeport phone kit included: (Ebay) $180.00
PSE
Linear Compensator
Voice Control Module
Fibre cables
Y cable
PTT Stalk
E class bracket

Mercedes V60 Cradle (Ebay) $102.00

Mikbox 100 (Micha) $199.00

Mercedes V60 bezel with Logo (Ebay) $4.00

Total Cost $485.00

I would like to thank Mik and all others who posted on this board. Their knowledge was invaluable. I would especially like to thank Paul Dick for all of his help. He answered all of my emails promptly and with more even information than I asked for. He is extremely knowledgeable and one hell of a nice guy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm really interested in doing this on my 2000 ML430. It does have the TDMA Motorola StarTAC in it. I can't get anyone to activate it, so I'd like to modify as you did. Can you point me in the right direction?

I've left Mik several emails but I've not heard back from him.

Thanks,

Sachin

·
Registered
2004 SL500 2002 SLK320
1,672 Posts
Sachin - 2/25/2005 12:18 AM

I'm really interested in doing this on my 2000 ML430. It does have the TDMA Motorola StarTAC in it. I can't get anyone to activate it, so I'd like to modify as you did. Can you point me in the right direction?

I've left Mik several emails but I've not heard back from him.

Thanks,

Sachin
I am suprised that he never got back to you. He always got back to me.

·
Registered
2015 GLA 250, 2001 C 320
784 Posts
Hi there,

Micha does some overseas travel for work from time to time and may not be able to repsond immediately. If you are looking for info on how to retrofit your ML you can go to my website at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~phdwebsite/

... then select the "Integrated Phone" page then the "Mik Box 100" page. Your retrofit will be the same as mine even though you have a 2000 ML. All the info you need should be there or in other areas of my website .... please feel free to contact me if you have other questions ... but Micha knows way more than me.

Paul[:D]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thx Paul. I heard back from him today. I'm waiting to hear back from Mik on whether he has already started supporting Bluetooth.

I'm considering a Treo650 or a Blackberry 7290 and Bluetooth would be work as they are both compiant.

If not, I guess I'll use the Moto V551 as thats the only one that Cingular supports.

·
Registered
2015 GLA 250, 2001 C 320
784 Posts
I don't think he has a bluetooth interface up yet .... even if he did I am pretty sure he will have a fun/tough time using that to get a phonebook download, although it should work with a VCM.

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts