Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Guido in Switzerland, who graciously obtained the european part numbers from his dealer, I was able to order the european bumper inserts from my local Mercedes dealer (Herb Chambers) here in Boston. It seems as if any US dealer can order european parts as long as you give them the part number.<br>
The part is known as a 'rail' and it includes the chrome insert.<br>
<br>
203.885.61.21.9197<br>
203.885.62.21.9197<br>
<br>
Please note that the last four digits of the part numbers (9197) represent the paint color of my car (obsidian black) and you must have your dealer substitute your four-digit exterior paint code if your car is not black. Each side costs $71 and they install quite easily. Just pry out the side closest to the grill and the other end simply slides out sideways.<br>
<br>
There is one issue that you have to deal with when removing the bulbs. If you simply remove the bulb and seal the connector with electrical tape, every time you turn on your headlights you will get a malfunction notice that states the bulbs have failed. If you want to avoid this message, you must either leave the bulb in place (and just have it sit behind the trim piece) or obtain a resistor and connect it in place of the bulb which will make the lighting control unit think there is actually a working bulb installed. If you decide to leave the bulb installed, it is only 5 watts and will not heat up enough to cause any trouble.<br>
<br>
I must say the car looks much better without the big ugly amber lenses, especially with the addition of a flat hood emblem. I haven't taken a picture yet, but this should give you an idea of how it looks. Also, most pictures of a european C32 will show holes for the parktronic sensors. The part numbers above are for non-parktronic equipped cars, so they do not have the holes.<br>
<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ed does your car has a parktronic option!!

because if you does the part number will be diffrent from those who don't have it. thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NO!! ...those #'s are for non-parktronic

Parktronic is currently not offered by Mercedes for us Americans. <br> <br> But as they say in Jamaica: 'soon come!'

1 - 7 of 7 Posts