Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://mercedesshop.com/shopforum/showthread.php3?t=32224

check it out, did it to my TE today w/ noticeable results..Quite pleased at the outcome for a 10 second modification!!!

Jonathan

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did it but only saw results if i was going on the freeway and went to WOT but other than that no impressive results and probably not a good mod if you live here in california where the gas is pretty bad!

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
I just did it today and seemed to be a little noticable. And yes, gas is poor in Ca, not to mention everything else as far as your personal freedoms which are infringed there on a daily basis!
4 more years![8D]

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
yea.. only 91 octane here is pathetic. and prices are soo high. in other places.. 91 is the lowest :( and what are you talking about "4 more years"??

·
Registered
2004 SL55 AMG
505 Posts
[8D]

Thanks, Jonathan.

My first response was WTF! Why doesn't this car have an electronic knock-sensor and automatic timing adjustment? My 1988 Ford Taurus 3.8 liter V6 did.

Cheers!
Dave

·
Registered
68 280 SEL, 89 300TE
906 Posts
Say, what about us M119 owners? Is there an application for us as well? My brother will be thrilled for his CE, but I want more power too :)

cheers

·
Registered
95 E320 Coupe, 11 E350 4Matic P2
1,082 Posts
I did it today on the 94-95 W124's there honestly to me is no improvemnt what so ever, my RPM kept going up and down from 600-500 constantly in IDLE when I drove the car it seeme'd the same. but maby its just me.

try it your self.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Who's racing?? I just want the performance my engine was designed w/ originally to be at my disposal, that's all..

Besides, it's hard to get someone to run me in my wagon!!;-)

Jonathan

·
Registered
1989 300 TE
460 Posts
I would just like faster throttle response. I don't want to pin myself to the seat. I just hat having to mash the gas peddle before the throttle response is there. Is there an AMG throttle body for the 300TE?

Any change there?

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, full advance on your timing is felt most off the line.. If AMG did ever built a throttle body for an M103, it would cost more then your wagon is worth...

If you Really want good response, do a 40-50 shot of nitrous..It's small enough that you shouldn't have to worry.

Jonathan

·
Registered
1994 MB E320
197 Posts
jhodg5ck - 4/29/2005 12:28 AM

If you Really want good response, do a 40-50 shot of nitrous..It's small enough that you shouldn't have to worry.
ROFL I'm sure he's going to buy n2o for his 16 year old wagon just for passing cars on the highway.

·
Registered
00 W202, 04 955 S, 08 e90
1,704 Posts
and with the gas price now this might even decrease gas mileage [:(]

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey, it would be a LOT cheaper then any AMG intake IF such a thing was ever created..

He said he wanted to go, I told him how he could do so Cheaply..!

And yes, it does decrease gas mileage, but generally that's not one's major consideration when they're looking to go quickly.

Jonathan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts