Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Dinan BMW M3; 1985 190e 2.3, 2013 Jeep Wrangler
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trans seemed to be slipping, esp if I was going 55, slowed down, made a turn and hit the gas, it really went hard into gear, but I had the trans flushed, the lines cleaned and now it shifts nice, not hard shifts at all. They used Dextron ATF, total coast was $137 with tax.

·
Registered
Classic 92 190E 2.6
4,235 Posts
RDM3 said:
My trans seemed to be slipping, esp if I was going 55, slowed down, made a turn and hit the gas, it really went hard into gear, but I had the trans flushed, the lines cleaned and now it shifts nice, not hard shifts at all. They used Dextron ATF, total coast was $137 with tax.
Just curious was it a "power" type flush? Where "power" meaning a machine is connected to trans which forces fuilds out?

·
Registered
85 300 TDT
2,260 Posts
Mine was done recently, using good old gravity. I know that left some up in around the torque converter. But I don't mind too much.

Any power flushers out there?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Does it really make that much diference on the trannys?? mine does a funny noise when I change gears from P to D, R, N, etc.................it's like a clanck sound (metal to metal) more so from the guear shift then the transition itself?? does that make sense.

·
Registered
21 Posts
andyv94 said:
Does it really make that much diference on the trannys?? mine does a funny noise when I change gears from P to D, R, N, etc.................it's like a clanck sound (metal to metal) more so from the guear shift then the transition itself?? does that make sense.

thats probably your flex disc. its connected to your drive shaft and will make that noise if it is worn out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i'm not sure about labor but the part is about $50.00, also known as flexible rubber coupling. but it might be complicated to install yourself. i did it by removing the whole drive shaft and then bolting the new one on. if it falls apart it could do a lot more damage. it's definitly a typical cause of the clunking you hear when shifting from park to reverse and to drive.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
andyv94 said:
I know that noise, mine use to do it badly, but once the trans flush was done it has almost gone away.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking about doing the flush thingy to my transition but I hear conflicting opinions on the matter. Some say leave it alone, you might open a can of worms.......................others say, do it, it can only help your transmition.

My car has 130,000 miles on it...........................also there seams to be a bit of "play" when changing guears..............it's not like my BMW that you actually feel how the handle goes through each guear as you switch it from P to D or any other guear...

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
andyv94 said:
Yeah, I was thinking about doing the flush thingy to my transition but I hear conflicting opinions on the matter. Some say leave it alone, you might open a can of worms.......................others say, do it, it can only help your transmition.

My car has 130,000 miles on it...........................also there seams to be a bit of "play" when changing guears..............it's not like my BMW that you actually feel how the handle goes through each guear as you switch it from P to D or any other guear...
I say do the flush, it will help alot

1 - 10 of 10 Posts