Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1999 CLK430
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think? I think I want it just a tad bit lower, but not sure yet. Has anyone changed out their spring pads yet?

Also, since I just got these rims, I'm selling my stock 17" chrome AMG rims. They are staggered and the front tires need replacement but the rears have only been on for a couple of months and they are running kumhos. There is a small scrape on one of the front rims but its barely noticeable and I have pics as well. Also, part of the chrome from the inside of two of the wheels is peeling a bit, but it doesn't effect the wheel at all and also the the outside is absolutely perfect so no one will ever see it. I'm just trying to get rid of them so just make me an offer. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 CLK430
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
yup.
19x8.5 in the front and 19x9.5 in the rear...

yup.
19x8.5 in the front and 19x9.5 in the rear

·
Registered
2002 CLK 320
3 Posts
Hello,
I'm thinking of replacing my rims (non-AMG stock). That should fit a 2002 CLK320,...

Hello,
I'm thinking of replacing my rims (non-AMG stock). That should fit a 2002 CLK320, right?

·
Registered
1999 CLK430
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, they should fit just fine. send me an email through the board and I'll send you s...

yeah, they should fit just fine. send me an email through the board and I'll send you some pics.

·
Registered
CLK430
665 Posts
That looks nice! Do you have more close-up pics of the fender gap? are you using stock s...

That looks nice! Do you have more close-up pics of the fender gap? are you using stock suspension?

·
Registered
1999 CLK430
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't get a chance to take many pics, but I'll take some more tomorrow.
I'm actually r...

I didn't get a chance to take many pics, but I'll take some more tomorrow.
I'm actually running eibach springs and bilstein shocks.

·
Registered
CLK430
38 Posts
Good Taste

Thats is my car exactly...im just waiting to put on the 2/5's til spring. What %tint did u put on? Ive put on 35% over the stock blue tint...Im psyched it looks so hott!!

·
Registered
CLK 320
5 Posts
Nice Wheels ,
but the picture is too dark...

Nice Wheels ,
but the picture is too dark

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have some AMG 17" with stock tires

for sale also. Located in SF, they are in Mint condition, but a lot of brake dust on it.. hehe. I also have the 19" 2/5 carlsson's on my ride. Email me.

Rob

·
Registered
CLK430
665 Posts
Nice. Is that around Mt. Diablo or Mt. Hamilton?

Nice. Is that around Mt. Diablo or Mt. Hamilton?

·
Registered
01 E55, 01 ML320, 04 TSX, 06 Silverado
66 Posts
Looks Great!! I just ordered the same rims in 18" variety for my black clk. Now I know wha...

Looks Great!! I just ordered the same rims in 18" variety for my black clk. Now I know what they will look like.

L8tr
Jeremy

·
Registered
1999 CLK430
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: are you having any problems with the tires rubbing?thanks...

are you having any problems with the tires rubbing?
thanks
Nope, no problems at all and my car is lowered with eibach springs and bilstein shocks. I'm actually considering changing the spring pads to go a little bit lower

·
Registered
02 CLK430
6 Posts
I just got my car about 6 months ago. I put some mods on the engine. But I dont know how...

I just got my car about 6 months ago. I put some mods on the engine. But I dont know how 19's will look if I dont lower the car. Im afraid it wont look so good. Any suggestions. Im new to this forum. Thanks for your time. Kevin
Thinking of putting these rims to keep stock look.

·
Registered
-06' CLS500 Lorinser-08'-MC Design Whips Project SL -06' Land Rover-
419 Posts
Lowering

Not lowering your car with 19" wheels will leave at least a 1.5" gap between the fender and the tire. My car is lowered in this picture about 1.5" and I still have about a 3/4 inch gap. Why wouldn't you considering lowering ?

Mark

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts