Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, I just got my 2002 ML320 and want to start upgrading.[:D] First of all I was wondering if you guys have any sites for Lorinser, Brabus, ans AMG, bodykits, wheels, exhausts, springs, etc.
Also I was wondering if it would be too much hassle to get the car lowered with springs, and if the ride will suffer, and which springs would be best. Whats the most I could lower the car if the torsion bars were to be loosened, and would I be able to do it myslef, or would I need a shop to do it for me?
I am also interested in new wheels. Would staggered wheels be a problem on a 4WD vehicle? If I were to get larger wheels(20-22s), and the overall diamater of the wheel changed, would it be difficult to recalibrate the speedometer, so that it shows the correct speed?

Thanx to all, and I am looking forward to upgrading my very first car.[8D]

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
PurpleNurple - 4/17/2006 7:05 PM

HI, I just got my 2002 ML320 and want to start upgrading.[:D] First of all I was wondering if you guys have any sites for Lorinser, Brabus, ans AMG, bodykits, wheels, exhausts, springs, etc.
Also I was wondering if it would be too much hassle to get the car lowered with springs, and if the ride will suffer, and which springs would be best. Whats the most I could lower the car if the torsion bars were to be loosened, and would I be able to do it myslef, or would I need a shop to do it for me?
I am also interested in new wheels. Would staggered wheels be a problem on a 4WD vehicle? If I were to get larger wheels(20-22s), and the overall diamater of the wheel changed, would it be difficult to recalibrate the speedometer, so that it shows the correct speed?

Thanx to all, and I am looking forward to upgrading my very first car.[8D]

If you do all that you speak of the ride of your ML is going to be pretty harsh. So I would stop worrying about how it is going to ride if you want it to look the way you speak of.

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
RE: Do a search. All of these questions have been answered...

JayCee - 4/17/2006 7:37 PM

Many times over.
Jay -

If the site was not so buggy i would agree with you. But we have been having tons of problems with the search engine timeing out.

Also, lets try to get a meet or just have a cold one together some time. I had the ML all washed up today, but damnit we all know If Joe washes the ML it has to rain!!!!

·
Registered
02 ML 320
1,046 Posts
PurpleNurple - 4/17/2006 7:05 PM

You can check out our sponsors or Ebaymotors for stuff ebaymotors.de has a lot more than the US site for ebaymotors. But the companies you have listed are not going to be cheap as with anything that goes on a Mercedes. Some have lowered the car here i will let them chime in on how the ride is. Staggered wheels would be a mistake to do it would mess with the traction control to much.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As for the AMG/Lorinser/Brabus parts, I am just looking at the windshield spoilers, and the back spoiler, as well as the grills, and later maybe back skirt and exhausts. This is my first car, so I am not gonna go crazy with the body kits, engine mods, and all that jazz, when Ill be getting a new car after highschool anyways. Pretty much I want the car to look decently to my liking, and to make it look less girl due to the maroon color(its my only gripe with the car, well besides the fact that its much slower than my dads s500 lol)

Thanx, again.

·
Registered
'99 ML430
145 Posts
i think i paid for my Lorinser rear wing around $1300
not painted and not installed
so to mod mercedes with top tuner names is very expensive

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WOW!!! Thats right, with three excamations. These Germans are crazy man. Damn... I guess Ill be looking for a Cheapo-Depo wing that looks similar.

·
Registered
02 ML 320
1,046 Posts
PurpleNurple - 4/17/2006 8:37 PM

As for the AMG/Lorinser/Brabus parts, I am just looking at the windshield spoilers, and the back spoiler, as well as the grills, and later maybe back skirt and exhausts. This is my first car, so I am not gonna go crazy with the body kits, engine mods, and all that jazz, when Ill be getting a new car after highschool anyways. Pretty much I want the car to look decently to my liking, and to make it look less girl due to the maroon color(its my only gripe with the car, well besides the fact that its much slower than my dads s500 lol)

Thanx, again.
Since you are in high school I was in your boat a few years ago and drove a ML to school. My advice is just to get rims for your car, since your car will get beat up and vandalized in the school parking lot. I went to school in a wealthy area but still kids get jealous and even with 3 security guards watching the parking lot I had stuff done to my car along with other kids who drove BMW's ext. And of course you will always get stuck next to the blond girls who bangs your door every morning on the way to class. So dont waste money on a body kit that will end up being destroyed better to save that money and invest it and use it for your next car.

I suggest

1. Rims
2. Sound system
3. Interior upgrades

·
Registered
ML320/LexusLS460/LexusGS350
366 Posts

Joe, you know I work for Anheuser-Busch and when I get home, the last thing I think about is "a cold one". We do need to get together sometime though.
I'm planning a paint job sometime this summer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Yea man, I know what you are saying. Some nice, non-Gangsta 19-22 in rims, a drop, and maybe chip are the first things I want, the rest is just extra that I wouldnt mind not having.

·
Registered
02 ML 320
1,046 Posts

PurpleNurple - 4/17/2006 9:30 PM

Yea man, I know what you are saying. Some nice, non-Gangsta 19-22 in rims, a drop, and maybe chip are the first things I want, the rest is just extra that I wouldnt mind not having.
Eh I wouldn't bother with a chip they cost about 1 grand and only give you 10 HP nothing you could tell a difference in. The ML is not a fast car but it isnt a slow one either it will take out any stock civic and be dead even with a BMW 325 CI convertible. I have a friend with a a few goodies in his civic he has intake, chip, exhaust and off the line i still pull a car length by 35 then slowly pull away, from a rolling start I just walk away at any speed. And I only have the small V6 a V8 would destroy a whole lot more than I could.

·
Registered
ml320 2002
388 Posts

Andrew2004az - 4/18/2006 12:48 AM

Eh I wouldn't bother with a chip they cost about 1 grand and only give you 10 HP nothing you could tell a difference in. The ML is not a fast car but it isnt a slow one either it will take out any stock civic and be dead even with a BMW 325 CI convertible. I have a friend with a a few goodies in his civic he has intake, chip, exhaust and off the line i still pull a car length by 35 then slowly pull away, from a rolling start I just walk away at any speed. And I only have the small V6 a V8 would destroy a whole lot more than I could.

wow, the ML is faster than the stock civic if they were to race?? I always thought my ML was slow but I don't mind. As long as its safe.

·
Registered
02 ML 320
1,046 Posts

soulsociety714 - 4/18/2006 2:28 PM

wow, the ML is faster than the stock civic if they were to race?? I always thought my ML was slow but I don't mind. As long as its safe.
I have a friend with an airplane and we go out to his house and have fun on the runway at night when no one is out so its safe.

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
The V8's are fun to drive [:D]

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
soulsociety714 - 4/18/2006 2:32 PM

as long as the ML makes my 14yr old gf look like 18yr old.. then its all good[8D]
Ahem...[?][:0][8)][:p]

WHAT?!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

THe prochip is like 700 and its supposed to ad 40hp. sounds pretty good, since I dont think that theres not anything that gives you more hp for less.

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
$700 bucks just to get you to 255 hp?[xx(] My aunt's minivan has as much power.[V]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts