Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my HR Springs and I have a 2001 CLK430. I checked the part number, which is:

29749-4

Is this correct? I looked and it seems its for the Cabriolet. What did you guys use and can I use these and if I do what do i expect?

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
Mercedes
40 Posts
H&R...

Depends. is your car in fact a cab? The main thing you want to be aware of is that you have a V8 spring set. I wetn thru a few changes with T Rack over what was exactly the right number for a V8 cab. H&R, after calling them direct, told me there was a number specifically for my car, but Tire Rack had suggested that any V8 setup would work. That may in fact be OK. If you haven't already, go to the H&R website and check the part numbers. As long as you have a V8 setup, you'll probably be ok. Be forewarned, however, that these dudes are low. Don't just automatically put #1 buffers on without checking what you have now. You could end up incredibly low, so do a little planning. Hope this helps, allen.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the Info Allen.

No.. I dont have a CAB, and looking at the HR website the pa...

Thanks for the Info Allen.

No.. I dont have a CAB, and looking at the HR website the part number I have is for the CAB 97+. I think I got screwed. Hmmm.. guess I should send them back. I dont know what pads I have, but 19" rims are waiting in my garage :)

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
CLK 320
9 Posts
I went through the same experience...

I bought a set of used H&R springs for my 1999 CLK 320 coupe. The part number on the springs was different from the one listed on the website...and appeared to be for the cab. I don't remember, but I think it might have been exactly the same as yours. I called H&R and asked them about the fitment. They first asked what color the springs are (blue) and if it had some white paint mark on them (yes). Then they told me that the springs are indeed for my car. So I went ahead and put them on. The front still seemed high with #5 rubber spring pads, while the rears were just fine with #3 pads. I went ahead and changed the fronts to #1 and now the height is perfectly even all around. Since you have a heavier V8, your outcome will be a little different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts