Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would it be bad to get rid of all the mille miglia bits? Is it worth anymore becasue it is one? Car is in truly amazing order throughout, but im not sure the red seats, carbon fibre and chequred flag bits really do anything for it, and, i also reckon a set of amg's would br preferable to the wheels on it. Alternatively, should i just keep it as is and swap it for anoter one?
Are these cars numbered, or is there a register of the ones left, i was told there was only 40 made in 95, all info and advixe greatly apreciated, thanks, kinkersaab

·
Sith Lord
72 280SE 88 560SEC 92 E500 6.0 95 SL320 14 GLK350
11,813 Posts
People usually go out of their way and run for limited edition parts (Silver Arrow, Mille Miglia, Anniversaries etc...).

Your car has charm the way it is. It is special. Don't ruin it.

Keep it authentic, and in good condition. It will appreciate in time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't go out of my to get a limited edition one, it was just i was in the right place at the right time, and it was cheap, i guess it would be sad to remove all the special bits, maybe i'll just live with it, and learn to love it. Are they worth more, or just rarer?

·
Sith Lord
11,813 Posts
Rareness raises the value of things.

Enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
Departed 1998 SL500 (and the Pano is in Bogota)
11,113 Posts
Are they worth more would depend on who is buying.
I myself would not pay extra for it, but others might. So if you are like me and don't really care about those stuffs but got it at a good price, great !
Keep it original and someone might be willing to pay a premium for it later. In the meantime enjoy it as is.

·
Registered
"NEW OWNER" of a 1991 SL 500 weekend toy. Hope I don't go broke maintaining it!
600 Posts
You will regret it. I actually wanted a Silver Arrow and spent one year looking for one - I gave up.

·
Registered
87' 190E 16V / 93' 600SL / 02' G500
1,197 Posts
Looks good with the RED accents kind of reminds me of my business partners 930. Thanks for the photos NEOKEN

·
Registered
'93 SL500 (sold), '88 GMC Sierra 360,000 miles, '86 Yamaha FJ1200 (criminally fast)
770 Posts
I like those front corner light markers ..... just a little orange.

What's up with those? is it only the edition that gets them?

·
Registered
'91 300SL(sold) 2000 SL320 Edition '94 E220 T auto
694 Posts
would it be bad to get rid of all the mille miglia bits? Is it worth anymore becasue it is one? Car is in truly amazing order throughout, but im not sure the red seats, carbon fibre and chequred flag bits really do anything for it, and, i also reckon a set of amg's would br preferable to the wheels on it. Alternatively, should i just keep it as is and swap it for anoter one?
Are these cars numbered, or is there a register of the ones left, i was told there was only 40 made in 95, all info and advixe greatly apreciated, thanks, kinkersaab
What country are you in?

I came across one parked in the street recently. I would have to agree that on first glance the red inserts on the seats are a little garish. Although I think i'm right in saying the perforations on the leather are a more unusual pattern than the standard non-facelift seats. I would also have to agree the little chequered flag black and white bits on the side vents looked a bit plasticky! However, I reckon the early mille miglias are and will remain to be the most sought after special edition R129. I think they have real pedigree. Especially as Sir Stirling Moss was given one too. No doubt a very special car. DO NOT TOUCH IT! I would suggest changing the wheels if you fancied but don't go changing much else.

What is the car like exactly? Would be interesting to hear what kind of condition it's in. There was one advertised near me recently (it may well be the same car I saw, but I don't know if it was just bought or still for sale). It was over £10,000 and over 100,000 miles.

·
Sith Lord
11,813 Posts
If you ever decide to change the wheels, keep the original ones in your garage.

Don't loose them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm in scotland too. I'm near Aberdeen the car came from perthshire, it was in Mercedes Dundee a few weeks ago for a service, and the chap had it in london last week. It has done 144k, with a full mb history. The car is in fantastic condition with only expected wear on the bolster, no holes yet, but worn all the same. It could well be the same car you saw. It s number was similar to LloydX. As a used car dealer the main thing for me was it was at the right money, and in good order, the full history, and limited edition bits were of no real interest. I intend to keep it and use it in hte summer along with my true love a classic saab 900 turbo convertable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts