Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I've just been given a 1961 or 66 Type 411 unimog. I'm not sure about the year, but i am sure about the type. It is a 411 with the small angular hood.<p>The vehicle hasn't run in a few years, but it shouldn't be hard to get going again...<p>It has a diesel engine about which i know little, and as soon as i get the chassis #, i'll be looking for a proper manual for the vehicle.<p>I know it needs new tyres. It is sitting on 4 flat tyres, they are 8.25x18... an odd size i haven't found on the web. Any leads on those tyres? are they even the right ones? i don't know what tyre/wheel combination these had for proper gearing.<p>Oh well, i'm glad i found a nice bulletin board, i look forward to getting it home and starting the project.<p>Cheers,<p>--pat parsons<br>manila, philippines.<br><br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pat,<p>congrats on your new acquisition! you will love learning about and enjoying unimogs. for all your answers consult topica.com, set up an account and subscribe to mogml. from there you will be put in touch with the mog owners of america, and have more resources than you could ever imagine.<p>good luck!<p>hunter<p>www.geocities.com/kyunimogs<p><p><br>: Hello all, I've just been given a 1961 or 66 Type 411 unimog. I'm not sure about the year, but i am sure about the type. It is a 411 with the small angular hood.<p>: The vehicle hasn't run in a few years, but it shouldn't be hard to get going again...<p>: It has a diesel engine about which i know little, and as soon as i get the chassis #, i'll be looking for a proper manual for the vehicle.<p>: I know it needs new tyres. It is sitting on 4 flat tyres, they are 8.25x18... an odd size i haven't found on the web. Any leads on those tyres? are they even the right ones? i don't know what tyre/wheel combination these had for proper gearing.<p>: Oh well, i'm glad i found a nice bulletin board, i look forward to getting it home and starting the project.<p>: Cheers,<p>: --pat parsons<br>: manila, philippines.<p><br><ul><li><a href="http://www.geocities.com/kyunimogs">Kentucky Unimogs</a></ul><br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts