Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
01 ML55
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your headlights or parking lights are ON and you switch the power window safety switch to lock, the two window switches for the back seat passengers (the ones back seaters would press) will no longer illuminate.

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
511 Posts
Interesting as driver we hardly ever sit in the Back so we do not notice.

It’s kinda the same way with the fuel cover. Very few realized it locks. You go to the station, the driver door automatically unlocks, as does the fuel cover.

How many folks get out, lock there doors, then try to open the cover. You might only do this if you ran out of gas.

·
Registered
01 ML55
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting as driver we hardly ever sit in the Back so we do not notice.

It’s kinda the same way with the fuel cover. Very few realized it locks. You go to the station, the driver door automatically unlocks, as does the fuel cover.

How many folks get out, lock there doors, then try to open the cover. You might only do this if you ran out of gas.
that does drive me nuts! If my remote worked I guess I wouldnt care but I always feel bamboozled when it happens

·
Registered
2015 ML250 BluTec, 2002 ML 500 Sport Edition (Sold :(), 2012 C250
807 Posts
If your headlights or parking lights are ON and you switch the power window safety switch to lock, the two window switches for the back seat passengers (the ones back seaters would press) will no longer illuminate.
Not a quirk and a long standing MB feature. If the power window lock is on, it dis-illuminates the window switches in the rear more in a "these don't work any more" proclamation. Did it on my w202 as well, as I'm sure countless other models.

I call it innovative engineering.

Sent from my BlackBerry Key2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
01 ML55
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a quirk and a long standing MB feature. If the power window lock is on, it dis-illuminates the window switches in the rear more in a "these don't work any more" proclamation. Did it on my w202 as well, as I'm sure countless other models.

I call it innovative engineering.

I can only confirm this quirk on a W163. If it’s on other models then it’s news to me

·
Registered
2015 ML250 BluTec, 2002 ML 500 Sport Edition (Sold :(), 2012 C250
807 Posts
I can only confirm this quirk on a W163. If it’s on other models then it’s news to me
Yep, the feature is on other models.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts