Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 ML430 - 13 328i
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Pepboys and bough CRC MAF Sensor cleaner, battery cleaner and battery terminal protectant. cleaning the sensor was a piece of cake. sprayed both sides about 15 times, let it dry and sprayed some compressed air over it on both sides. i went for a drive and i did not see a change in MPG at all and maybe a small increase in response but very minimal or none... i guess my sensor was good.

·
Premium Member
2006 E55: 1999 ML430; 2002 E430 4matic; 1988 190E 2.3; 1993 XL883
301 Posts
This is good maintenance, I use the same CRC MAF Sensor cleaner. It works great. I usually do this every spring. While I'm changing the oil, I change the air filter and clean the MAF.

·
Registered
99 ML430 - 13 328i
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
undo the clips on the intake box the and the two clips at the end of the tube. you're gonna see a black piece that has a wire attached to it. the end of that piece opposite of the intake has a metal clamp there. loosen the screw with a screwdriver and the piece will come out. do not unplug that cable and all you gotta do is spray the sensor and wires in there 15 times on one side and then 15 on the other side. let it dry up (use compressed air if you can) and put everything back

1 - 6 of 6 Posts