Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,<br>
<br>
Since I'm new here, I want to thank everyone for all the great info so far. I've been lurking for about a month and have learned much in that short span of time. Anyway, on to my first inquiry... <br>
<br>
Here's my situation: I recently purchased a set of used Brabus Monoblock V multipiece rims and tires from a friend I met here via the marketplace. They are staggered, 8.5 and 9.5 by 18'. The tires that are currently mounted are 225-40s and 255-35s, front and rear respectively. <br>
<br>
My question: Will this tire fitment look too small on my '98 E320? Or can I sneak this one by until the tires wear out? I've read that I should be using 235s and 265s with this setup. I've verified these numbers with a calculator (rolling distance better matches my stock tires' diameters).<br>
<br>
Any input on this configuration would be greatly appreciated (i.e. anybody using this current setup)!<br>
<br>
Best regards,<br>
Keoni

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Yes they are... please help Keoni out because I don't know the answer.

Hey, buddy!<br> <br> I'll be running the setup 'as-is' until I can fork up the dough to pick up the 235/265 combo. The overall diameter will only be about 0.4' smaller with your setup as opposed to the 235/265 setup. Not too bad. I was just looking for some feedback from folks that may have run the 225/255 setup on their E-classes (I'm lowering my E via H&R Sport Springs, along with Bilstein Sport shocks--a seemingly popular combo here in the group). <br> <br> Talk to you soon, Rich.<br> <br> Aloha,<br> Keoni

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That set up should be fine. Just be careful with curb rashes since..

the tire doesn't cover the lip as well as a 235 and 265 will.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: That set up should be fine. Just be careful with curb rashes since..

Frank,<br> <br> That's great news! This will save me some cash for now.<br> <br> BTW, once I do decide to make the change to the proper setup, what tire would you recommend? I've had some pretty LOUD performance tires in the past and I'd like to get away from that humming noise as much as possible. I was thinking about the Nitto 555. Any feedback?<br> <br> Thanks again, Frank.<br> <br> Aloha,<br> Keoni

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: That set up should be fine. Just be careful with curb rashes since..

Oh...forgot to mention that this car will be driven in Hawaii only (summer tires?). Some rain, mostly sunny.<br> <br> Thanks,<br> Keoni

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Nitto NT555 tire is an excellent buy for the money. 300AA UTQG, for less than 200/each.

I have had and sold many sets of those tires in various sizes with no trouble. They are much more durable than the Pirellis, but you do lose some performance ability due to the harder compound. An excellent all-around tire.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nittos are good. I have them on....more

I also recommend Kumho's. Nice quiet tire with good performace characteristics. Really cheap too. Best bang for the buck I would say.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts