Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother just bought a really nice 93 2.6 and I was hoping some of you 190 experts could answer some questions for us.

1) Can you hook up a CD changer thru the stock head unit in a 93?

2) What is the best cleaning product to use on the MB Tex and other interior parts..dash, wood etc

3) Has anyone bought those german made AMG look-a-like rims? like the ones you find on Ebay. the price looks attractive but I just wonder about the quality.

4) Other than the A/C probs I have read about, are there any other common problems/issues with this car that he should be aware of?

Thanks for any info/help

· Always Remembered RIP
496 Posts
1) It depends on what's fitted. In the UK, no. But i'm not sure about other markets. ...

1) It depends on what's fitted. In the UK, no. But i'm not sure about other markets. Usually it's better to replace the complette system as audio components have come a long way since the '90s.

2} In my opinion the best cleaning products are by Autoglym, that goes for the exterior as well.

3) Theres good and bad replica wheels out there. The German ones such as Dezent, Rial and Ronal are usually the best bet. I've seen some very nasty finished ones from China (think they were called Bejon?) so be careful what you bid on. Might be worth asking your local Mercedes dealer, I've just bought some MB Polished 8 holes for £425 inclusive.

4) I've not had a lot of experience with the 190, but I don't recall any major faults.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.