Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Mercedes-Benz 240D
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a brand new member of the Mercedes Family i guess you could say. I am a 21 year old nursing student living in Bradenton FL. I was driving a 99 Cadillac Deville I inherited from my Grandparents and to be frank, it sucked. Between the bad plastic craftmanship, un-reliability, and expensive repairs, it was a hassle. not to mention it only took premium and got 18 mpg or less average. I finally saved up enough money to buy myself a car so i purchased my 79 240D with 110,000 miles. Unbeknownst to the person I bought it from, the inner workings of the car had been completely restored. There was a folder in the trunk 2 inches thick with receipts and pictures of the car before the restoration. The A/C needs repair, the compressor fan doesn't work. Everything else down to the clock is functional. The tires are dry rotted so Im getting some new ones soon. I will be selling the Cadillac and the benz will be my new daily driver. any suggestions for a new diesel benz owner?

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
240D 1980 oct 1979 mfg date

Hi, just getting one myself, 4 speed manual... problems, want to know what you find out...

1. when it gets cold, I have real problem starting it. Cold means only 28-30 degrees. I think it is not normal to have to heat the motor at this high temperature...

2. cannot find the normal miles per gallon MPG reasonable for this car. Shows 2/5 tank, but the reserve light turned on on the fuel gauge.

3. welcoming any suggestions...

benjamin ([email protected])

1 - 3 of 3 Posts