Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My previous Benz was a 1998 E320, the only thing I ever replaced were tires, water pump twice, and transmission. When I sold the car for $500 in 2018, it had 286,000 miles, it never failed smog. After the Benz I bought a 2004 BMW 530i put rims on it, and a year later I got bored of it and started looking for a faster BMW. Instead I found my 2012 Blue Efficiency CLS550 in Silver w/ 90,240 in Oakland, Ca.

IT FEELS GREAT TO BE BACK IN A BENZ!!!!!!

So... here are my questions.

1. is it worth it to buy the performance chip/computer reprogramming that increases the HP from 402 to 550 and torque about 700?
2. Where can I find replacement steering wheel buttons and chrome accents? I would like the replace the chrome with black chrome.
3. While waxing the car I could hear the suspension releasing air and adding air. Is that normal?
4. Does this car come with auto folding mirrors?
5. What mileage is the scheduled maintenances due and what do they cover? I asked the dealer about schedule B service and she said, “$560 to service the engine and replace fluids.” The fluids included the oil and wiper fluid; not cooling system or tranny fluids. Also, “service the engine” means to look for leaks?!?!? Does this seems right? I used to change my own oil the my 98’ Mobile 0-40 for about $70.
She said, “Tranny fluid should be change ever 40,000 miles” Cost $1500.00

If any one has any input it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
B3951AC3-CD3F-46E9-973D-570E4E6B6D38.jpeg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for the service sheet. This is exactly what I needed!

when I take the car to Mercedes can they tell what work has been done using the vin or computer scan?

·
Premium Member
'71 Pinto
4,419 Posts
Yes request to review vehicle master inquiry (VMI) this will provide a full history of all work performed by any/all MB dealers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts