Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbour is moving to portland and I was walking past his house today and asked him what he was going to do with his 260 as he had bought a new e350. He said you can have it for 2k and I bought it. Yes just like that. I already have two cars. This is a 1988 260e, Green/white leather, 46,000 orignal miles, owned by my neighbour's wife and not driven a lot. I like it. Not a scratch in or out.

I always had my eyes on the 92 e300 I liked the body mouldings on the sides (lower doors etc). Can I get that for this car. and from where. Also I want the Euro Headlights...where ? I am in Socal.

Car drives smooth....any ideas suggestions will be appreciated as I am a newbie to this club. I have a boxster and a Jeep Grand Cherokee...

Also this car has been maintained by the dealer. What are my maintenance recomendations.....Thanks

·
Premium Member
About a dozen 1988, 1989, 1990, and 1991 sedans, wagons, 4Matics and 1 coupe
5,466 Posts
A 260E that is green with white leather? Don't think so... White wasn't an available color and leather interiors are very seldom seen on the 86-90 124s. Very, very seldom. A lot of people *think* that their 124 has leather but it's really high grade vinyl called "tex" by MBZ. You may have mushroom tex in your car.
I also have an 88 260E; it's signal red with a palomino tex interior. Four years ago (at about 165k miles) I replaced the entire drivetrain (engine/trans/driveshaft/3rd member) with stuff from a wrecked 88 300E. That perked the old red car up a bit.

PM the vin to me if you don't mind. I'd like to look up the specs for the car. I have a thing for 88s and yours sounds interesting. Green is seldom seen and 260s are that common either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts