Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1972 350 SL
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a manual, but it is now unreadable.
Can anyone help me out with a few things?

Specifically:
Is there any way to turn on the interior lights without opening the door? I've tried everything, and can't manage it.
What is the knob in the climate control area that has a green icon and turns about 45 degrees in each direction?

Any hints on removing the hard top, and opening the ragtop? I have the "hanger" for storage of the hardtop.

Any other tidbits of info will be much appreciated. I've had the car for abouit 3 weeks now, and love it, but it's been a learning experience.

·
Registered
1973 450 SL AMG, 1999 ml320
211 Posts
well welcome. you need to go to the r107 forum. well with the hard top on there is a switch on the dash. with out it nope. for the hard top. well you need to get a tool for the front part. look above the windshield and you will see 2 places for a tool to go in to . and for the back, look behind the drivers seat and you will see a handle pull up on it clockwise and then you will see a small little handle on the same place so do the same thing. this will unlock the back lock for the hard top.. now you will need to get another person to help you( the hard top weighs about 200-400 lb. and now its off. Well if you pull the same handle and now the lid for the soft top is there, now reverse the poses for the hard top

·
Registered
1983 240d AT1993 e320 AT
2,270 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase!

+1 to davethebenzman suggested. Particularly at the R107 forum, many owners can guide you on your queries. Who knows, one may be able to help you source another owner's manual for your car.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts