Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just subscribed to this forum. After many many many BMWs I have fallen to the style of the Mercedes 300TD. I've always loved the bodystyle and finally figured I'd buy one. I will pick it up in a few eeks (bouthgt it unseen from EBAY-got to gamble once in a while), but the car seems pretty good.

I prefer to do as much work on it, looking for others in the DC area who also have this type of vehicle.

My biggest concern with it no is the body. There is some rust and a bit dent on the driver's door. I am looking for good parts (door for it) and body person in the DC area as well as mechanic to help with those things I have no idea about, if anyone can help...Thanks
John

·
Registered
1980 280e
670 Posts
I'm about as far from DC as it gets so can't recommend anyone, but shouldn't have any problems finding parts their plentifull, do you have a link to that auction so we can see what you won?? The 85 models are considered the best.

·
Registered
84 300td, 80 450sl
39 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. I Live in Alexandria and have an 84 300td wagon. I have been working on it for a couple of years and still have a ways to go. The only shop that I use locally is Silver star motors in Vienna, Va. They're a bit pricey but good. I have some odds and ends. If you need something or have questions let me know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts