Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car is SO pristine, always maintained at the dealer, doctor owned, not a single scratch on the vehicle, suspension feels NEW, transmission feels NEW everything feels great. The doctor just spent 3500$ at the dealer before trading it off. Good for me =)

Now for the problems: Front 2 doors assist not working. They work for about 2 days after you disconnect the battery for 2 minutes, and then they quit.

TPMS Not operational.. no yellow tpms light, but constant message in cluster. Can't reset it.

Those issues aside, I'm hearing that the 2004 model year airmatic struts were problem free, and I have the "Facelift" s class. I am really enjoying driving this car, the guy put brand new 17" tires all around (factory equip) and new brakes and rotors (Lots of $$)

Picked the car up for $10,600, one owner/black on black. Did I do good?

·
Registered
10 Mercedes e350, 09 Mercedes GL450, 95 BMW 325IC, 89 Mercedes 260E, 84 Euro Mercedes 300D 4spd
645 Posts
you will know if you did good or not? after one year of the owner ship;)

·
Registered
nothing broken. finally!
2,619 Posts
you will know if you did good or not? after one year of the owner ship;)

so cold, so true, so funny!

there is no way that suspension feels new at 135 without being overhauled at least once. just saying

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so cold, so true, so funny!

there is no way that suspension feels new at 135 without being overhauled at least once. just saying
It may have been overhauled, because I have driven s-classes with leaky struts or struts that just don't quite feel right, and these cars had like 60-80k on them, and they don't feel good at ALL going through bumps.

For example my cousin has a 2003 s500 with 85k. When I drive his car and let's say a bridge comes up... the whole car feels uneven going through those kinds of bumps, something just doesn't feel right. The dealership won't give me repair info bc it's supposedly confidential, they can only tell me maintenance history.

·
Registered
Current 2017 GLE350, 2007 S550, 2002 S430, 1998 ML320 Deceased 74 240D, 92 400E, 97 E420, 13 GLK350
1,919 Posts
Nimski - You did good on the deal. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
08 ml320 cdi,slk 230,01 boxster S,04 carrera911, 99 S320,67 GT350mustang,02G500L,96 s600 w140
1,669 Posts
will hear from you soon again. this forum can be a very important part of your car

·
Registered
nothing broken. finally!
2,619 Posts
It may have been overhauled, because I have driven s-classes with leaky struts or struts that just don't quite feel right, and these cars had like 60-80k on them, and they don't feel good at ALL going through bumps.

For example my cousin has a 2003 s500 with 85k. When I drive his car and let's say a bridge comes up... the whole car feels uneven going through those kinds of bumps, something just doesn't feel right. The dealership won't give me repair info bc it's supposedly confidential, they can only tell me maintenance history.
yep that hard to describe feeling of worn suspension bushings. most can't tell it and then argue there is nothing wrong when somebody tells them x and y need done. sounds like you are into the loop. :thumbsup:

enjoy the car. i hope you got one with the right work done on it. price and year are right (abc, airmatic), and if the interior and body are as good as they are, that's a massive expense you won't have to worry about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts