Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 S65
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2006 S65 and the Nav doesn't know where it is and the radio has weak reception. I am thinking an antenna issue, but not sure where the antenna is. I took a shot of a dual antenna mounted on the rear window. Is this GPS and the radio? Also, I pulled the battery cover off and found a module there and not sure what it is. Any help really appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 S65
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have read that there is a splitter, etc. in the trunk. I am a little nervous about pulling all the panels out of there - any suggestions on how to do it without damaging anything?

·
Premium Member
2012 C300 Sport 4Matic and 2003 CLK430 Cabrio
1,919 Posts
I just bought a 2006 S65 and the Nav doesn't know where it is and the radio has weak reception. I am thinking an antenna issue, but not sure where the antenna is. I took a shot of a dual antenna mounted on the rear window. Is this GPS and the radio? Also, I pulled the battery cover off and found a module there and not sure what it is. Any help really appreciated.
From you auto trunk post: That gray part near your battery is your trunk motor. Its covered in that gray padding.

·
Registered
2006 S65
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just figured out that the part in the photo above is the GPS antenna or what is left of it. The one on the back glass must be a dummy. Where is the best place to get an original antenna and any chance I could install it myself?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Its on the trunk lid behind the paneling. Its a square metal module usually on the driver side. Unplug the can wires ( flat plug with at least 2 wires) and twist the plug clockwise 10 times and then plug it back in. This should fix the reception.

·
Registered
2006 S65
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought a new nav antenna from mbz wholesale parts for $360 and installed it. I now have nav for the first time. Next project is to get a bluetooth adapter for the phone cradle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts