Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2001 ML-320
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Wanted some feedback on what is/might be covered on my2001 ML320 warranty.I did purchase the extended warranty that gets me to about 90k with a 100 dollar deductible. The following is a list of what I am about to submit to the dealer for repairs.I am currently at 49,800 miles. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

1.Drivers Vanity Mirror light burnt out.
2.Loose drivers seat..wobbles front to back
3.Sunroof makes loud snapping sound when opening and closing
4.Squeaky Brakes
5.Engine Valves "clanking" on startup
6.Wife's key was never programmed when we bought the ML.
7.Kick Panel Molding Loose under doors
8.Door locks making funny whinning noises when using key FOB.
Passenger side rear window going up and down Slow.
9.Faint Knocking in front end when coming to a stop. Tranny? or Bushings?
10. First gear intermittently "gets stuck" or doesnt shift unless I get off the pedal for a sec... Happens once every few weeks?
11. Need radio Code

These have been all minor annoyances. The ML has been awesome. Wonderful in all conditions.I would definitley purchase another one!

Thank you

·
Registered
8 Posts
MB "Extended" Warranty runs to 7 years/100,000 miles. You should be able to get the radio code from your local MB Dealer wit your VIN #.

·
Registered
ML 320
361 Posts
davesml320 - 3/21/2005 2:22 PM

10. First gear intermittently "gets stuck" or doesnt shift unless I get off the pedal for a sec... Happens once every few weeks?
I had the same symptoms at 30,000 miles and the dealer ended up rebuilding the transmission. Yours may not be this extreme, but don't let them get by with saying, "we could not reproduce the problem".

·
Registered
2001 ML-320
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies so far...

Forgot to add.

12. Creaking Shocks

Bought the exteneded warranty throught the Dealer where I bought the car.GM dealer..Not Mercedes extended. By my calculations should get me to 86.000.00 miles Whew.

I had a similar problem on my 02 Silverado pickup with the tranning "not engaging" into second intermittently. Turned out to be a bad 1-2 solenoid. cost 3000 buxs to fix..Thank goodness for the extended warranty..:) $0.00 deductible.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,990 Posts
As long as your in-service date was after 3/21/2001, you should still be within the original MBZ 48 month/50K mile bumper-to-bumper warranty, which would cover all of these issues. If so, get it to the dealer ASAP with this punch list and make it clear that you want it all fixed! If they hassle you about not being able to duplicate the problem(s), then tell them you will be there in xx minutes to demonstrate it to the technician.

For some of your specific issues:

Drivers seat – they will have to replace the seat track. If they tell you some movement is “normal� then get them to do a side-by-side comparison with another ML.

Sunroof – they will need to replace the sunroof track. It is likely that part of the pop-up air dam bracket has broken and parts are lodged in the track. It ruins the track so it must be replaced.

Brakes – don’t let the dealer handle this – DIY or go to an independent shop. Use a good brand of aftermarket pads and rotors – you won’t be disappointed.

Valves – some noise is normal. Compare yours to another ML or x320 vehicle on the lot.

Transmission – you better get that fixed - now!

Radio code – if it’s not already printed on your shop receipt, get the SA to look it up in VMI and give it to you while you are there dropping the truck off.

- RODNEY

·
Registered
2001 ML-320
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the great reply..now its got me wondering how I would find out my "in service date". Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
'05 ML350SE
1,395 Posts
Your SA can tell you the in service date as it is part of the electronic records MB keeps.

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
davesml320 - 3/21/2005 2:22 PM

2.Loose drivers seat..wobbles front to back

3.Sunroof makes loud snapping sound when opening and closing

2. I think everyone might have this. Atleast i have it, and i have heard people having it.

3. I have the same thing, i just put some wd40 on the rails and it helped it out.

10. Sounds like the most serious problem you have. I have had to replace the tranny 2 times, and belive me it is NOT fun. Go get your fluids checked out ASAP!!!!!! And then go get your Tranny computer checked out.

Good luck!

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,990 Posts
Thanks for the great reply. now its got me wondering how I would find out my "in service date". Any ideas?
It is the purchase or date of delivery of the vehicle to the first owner. If you are the first owner, then when did you buy it? If not, then your SA can look it up in NetStar. In fact, if you are not the original owner, you might want to request a VMI printout as it will give you the in-service date, radio code, and a list of all work performed at any MBZ service center.

- RODNEY

·
Registered
2001 ML-320
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks RODNEY.. I dropped it off this morning and was treated very,very nicely at the MBZ of Long Beach in SO CALI.

Made it with 50 miles left (49,950) whew!

Will post how it goes shortly on the above mentioned items.

Dave

·
Registered
ML 320
4 Posts
Where did you buy the extended warranty and how much did it cost you.

I have a 2002 ML that I would like to purchase and extended warranty for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts