Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an S500 coupe that is in pretty decent shape. Most things work.
About how much do you think I would net parting it out?

This is purely speculation at this point so dont get too excited

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
AHHHHHH :(

so you gave up on this project? :(

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Regardless.. You could fetch a pretty penny if you do part it out. Sadly, it will be way more than if you sold it as a complete running vehicle..

Coupe specific parts are extremely hard to find. Which boosts up their value just on that note.

So parts like bumpers, fenders, hood, trunk, door shells could make $800 - $1000 per part.

Seats if in good condition could fetch another $1000 - $1500 for the set.

Doorcards, (Interior door panels) also could another $300 each.

Engine parts prices remain the same as sedan engine parts since its the same engines.

Computer modules can fetch anywhere from $100 to $800 each..

Other misc parts like sensors, calipers, suspensition parts also have value..

Air con components are also sought after..

PSE Pump can get $150 - $200, close assist pump $100 - $150.

OEM headlights can be sold for $500+ each.

Door mirrors, about $300 each

engine wire harness $150 - $400

Tail lights, about $200 each..

about 90% of the car can be parted out.. the shell can be sold also, to someone wishing to rebuild his crashed coupe..

Those would be my prices if I were stripping a coupe.. Hope this is the answer to your question comrade?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Not all those parts will fetch that amount. Bigget the item harder to sell unless you have an incredible local market for these cars. The smaller shippable stuff you van get better prices for what's posted already or at least what's above.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mafiadon, thanks for the information.

As of yet I have not decided to part it out. But sadly, the thought has run around my mind a few times. It would break my heart to take that car apart after all the work I've done and the fact that it is not wrecked.

Basically, if enough people need coupe parts I would probably sacrafice it. But if it came down to slowly parting it over the course of a year or more then I'd rather just keep it and buy a transmission in february.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
If its just the trans thats being faulty, then yes just replace it.. Cant you get one for a good price from the same guys you got the engines from?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Slept on it, and I'm just not ready to get rid of the coupe. I'll be replacing the trans in february, which is not that far away. (Especially how busy i've been lately, weeks are dropping off the callendar faster than i can keep up)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts