Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ML350 BlueTec
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear hatch area, just above the license plate and below the chrome trim piece has started to rust...This happened with my 02 M-Class as well....Mercedes is picking up the tab, considering its still under warranty. Apparently, the chrome trim piece, at the corners will dig in to the paint and rub away at it....Mitek, the body shop repairing this, has repaired 6 of these already !!!!! lt's nice to see the Alabama plant has improved its QCE ?!? lf you are having a problem with a supplier, deal with it, don't pass it on to your custumer......Just something to watch for......

·
Registered
2010 GL450 2016 GLE350
150 Posts
I ran out to the garage to check my '06..............I saw no signs of rust, probably because it's dry here and garaged. Our '07 trim strip is not the one-piece chromed metal assembly as found on the '06. The '07 has a long, black plastic base underneath holding the license plate lights as well as being pressed against the painted surface. The chrome metal trim strip is attached to the plastic, so doesn't touch the painted metal of the hatch. So Vance does learn...............:D

·
Registered
06 ML350
492 Posts
thanks for the heads up, I will outside in the am taking a look

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
...The '07 has a long, black plastic base underneath holding the license plate lights as well as being pressed against the painted surface. The chrome metal trim strip is attached to the plastic, so doesn't touch the painted metal of the hatch. So Vance does learn...............:D
Same with the '08, has a plastic base. Thanks for the heads up C-Rod !!.:thumbsup:

One question to C-Rod, do you park your ML outside overnight?

·
Registered
2014 ML350 BlueTec
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey "M"...

Same with the '08, has a plastic base. Thanks for the heads up C-Rod !!.:thumbsup:

One question to C-Rod, do you park your ML outside overnight?
No...l don't..l'm too anal for that...l always have and always will garage my vehicles....Though..l have some bad news..When l dropped off my vehicle on Saturday at Mitek , the body shop (which is right beside the dealership in Kitchener), it was stolen sometime on the weekend..they broke into the lockbox and stole the keys...l'm sure she's on some container to South America...lts' never happened to me before..State Farm has been great to me...They are covering my rental for a maximum of $900.00, more than enough for a 29.00 a day rental of a Mitsubishi Galant...l have been told, l will receive retail cost plus taxes.....l have only had the vehicle for 6 months...The sad part about this, is that, l had just put on some new summer tires(Toyo Proxes St's-255/55/19's) and bought some Mercedes 19" rims, and had them put on the Friday...go figure...

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
No...l don't..l'm too anal for that...l always have and always will garage my vehicles....Though..l have some bad news..When l dropped off my vehicle on Saturday at Mitek , the body shop (which is right beside the dealership in Kitchener), it was stolen sometime on the weekend..they broke into the lockbox and stole the keys...l'm sure she's on some container to South America...lts' never happened to me before..State Farm has been great to me...They are covering my rental for a maximum of $900.00, more than enough for a 29.00 a day rental of a Mitsubishi Galant...l have been told, l will receive retail cost plus taxes.....l have only had the vehicle for 6 months...The sad part about this, is that, l had just put on some new summer tires(Toyo Proxes St's-255/55/19's) and bought some Mercedes 19" rims, and had them put on the Friday...go figure...
That's really bad news !! :crybaby2:We normally go to the K-W area and also in Guelph. Now I'm somewhat paranoid to park the ML there.
Mitek should carry liability insurance. :(

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
C-rod - Sorry to hear about the car theft. Hopefully the outcome is okay for you.

·
Registered
2014 ML350 BlueTec
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My agent at State Farm.....

indicated to me that Mitek showed no negligence, because they had a lockbox, furthermore, a lockbox is a common practice for body shops...l have to go through my insurance...l don't agree with it, but that's how it works...Why should my insurance have to pay for this....it's call "No fault insurance"....l thinks its a joke...At the end of the day, it was on thier property, and it was thier for servicing....l'm looking at a 2007 M-Class..Thanks for your kind words guys...it hasn't been easy....

·
Registered
99 ML430 - 13 328i
1,112 Posts
damn man, im really sorry to hear that... good luck with the new m and i hope you find that bastard that stole your car.

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
Sucks to hear about that C-Rod!! We have no-fault insurance here in Michigan too, sometimes it makes sense, sometimes it doesn't. You'd probably have a 100% chance to have the shop pay for it if you could prove gross negligence, but it sounds like they took all textbook precautions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts