Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Mercedes C32 AMG-(19'inch Mandrus Millenium wheels),1998 Infinity I30
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, talking to this buddy of mine (who's never owned anything but a fadded 94 Camry). And he tells me theres nothing special about my C32, it's "Just a C Class". I was upset and that comment has stuck with me to the point that I have to ask. Is all the pride I take in my vehicle in vain? When it comes right down to it. Is it just a C Class? Maybe I just need to drive it a bit to remind myself. It's been awhile since I pulled it out of the garage.

·
Registered
2002 E55
167 Posts
I am sorry but sometimes people say things they don't know anything about. To a layman all C classes are the same, although, even a reqular C class is night and day difference with a camry imho.

As long as you know what you've got and your happy with it that's all that matters :D

·
Premium Member
2012 C300 Sport 4Matic and 2003 CLK430 Cabrio
1,919 Posts
That is absolutely ridiculous. Does he understand what makes a car an AMG?
But to his defense. If he is use to the Japanese way of doing special edition cars then i can understand his lack of understanding. For example, an Acura TL type S is basically the same as a Acura TL. The S has been tuned and programmed to perform better. The C32 has a totally different engine, suspension etc. that was made and installed by another company. Not to mention that your engine was put together by hand and the guy who assembled your engine put his signature on it.

·
Registered
2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
3,488 Posts
That is absolutely ridiculous. Does he understand what makes a car an AMG?
No, his problem is that he doesn't understand what makes a Mercedes a Mercedes. He's jealous and is hoping to provoke some sort of a response from you in order to make himself feel a little bit better about the car he drives. My advice? Let him. Whenever I hear the "its just a C-Class" (and mine is not only not an AMG, but nowadays it is just plain getting old) I just smile and agree with them. If I helped them feel a little better, then great. I know what I've got, and that's all that counts.

·
Registered
1995 C36 AMG, 1990 190E 2.6
49 Posts
Totally agree with jlomon. We know how driving our cars makes us feel. If someone else doesn't think the same way, that's their problem :)

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
Totally agree with jlomon. We know how driving our cars makes us feel. If someone else doesn't think the same way, that's their problem :)
Some people cannot appreciate good machinery.

·
Registered
2002 CL55 AMG, 1993 190E 2.3L, 2004 SLK320 Sport
1,733 Posts
Some people cannot appreciate good machinery.
I take so much pride when I drive my C36 AMG. I love it. Knowing that I own
a piece of rare ownership is enough for me. There are a few guys at my work
that own BMW's, Volvo's, Saab etc.....that do appreciate my AMG. And, ofcourse
there's always some guys that don't know shit.

Adullessence, your buddy is just jealous..................lol..........

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Ok, talking to this buddy of mine (who's never owned anything but a fadded 94 Camry). And he tells me theres nothing special about my C32, it's "Just a C Class". I was upset and that comment has stuck with me to the point that I have to ask. Is all the pride I take in my vehicle in vain? When it comes right down to it. Is it just a C Class? Maybe I just need to drive it a bit to remind myself. It's been awhile since I pulled it out of the garage. Side note, it has the clear guard on it and the plastic is aging, I'd like to get it removed, is that possible?
I will not worry about it nor consider him as a buddy, he's probably just jealous..:mad:

·
Registered
2002 Mercedes C32 AMG-(19'inch Mandrus Millenium wheels),1998 Infinity I30
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This commonly occurs doesn't it? Ever since I bought that car someone has had something to say, even co-workers who make the same money as me. LOL, funny thing is the first (and for a while only thumbs up I got) was from a buddy of mine who owns nothing but BMW's. He wasn't happy about the Lexus I owned prior to that. He looked over in the parking lot, gave me the thumbs up saying "Now you got yourself a real car", then propositioned me to race his X5. Go figure.

·
Registered
06 c230, 07 lexus LS460L, black c63 amg
227 Posts
last buddy that said my c63 was just like a regular c350 about a week ago received a big surprise... a killer burnout and killer sound made him think bout it twice before makin the same statement again.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts