Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a spin-off of my "Locked Trunks" thread, but could be interesting. What goodies (or not) has anyone found in junkyard cars? Anybody have any interesting finds in trunks or gloveboxes or under seats? I've found a box of carpenters tools, a nice factory rubber trunk mat, and a "never touched ground" spare in some trunks. Also found a case of factory oil filters, but were rotted beyond recognition. And a couple dozen prophylactics under one rear seat. Car must have belonged to a busy man (or woman)[:D][:D]

Jamie

·
Registered
Mercedes 300te
1,972 Posts
Found a euro triangle and a complete set of tools in the locked trunk...Tools were soaking wet though... Dried up well still no rust...[:D]

·
Registered
1985 300D, 1978 300CD, 1985 300SD
46 Posts
I found a wood shift knob, some ero lights and a triangle, would really like to find a wood console storage box. I walked with triangle but need to go back for the lights and shift knob. any advice on how to remove those two itemss would be greatly apperciated.

·
Registered
83 300d turbo, 79 c123 AMG
1,870 Posts
I was at the pick and pulls on tuesday (3 in the area) and found nothing. It was the worst day ever. There was a nice euro 230 in orange with the round euro assemblies but one lens was cracked and the other missing and the backs missing as well. That had me pissed, then I was working on getting the tach and sender and all that but the 83 was missing the guage and they only had an 84 guage that wouldn't work. I came home unhappy. I did see my first coupe at a pick and pull though. It was an 85 that was beat up. Ill post a picture of that 230 later. It was a pretty cool color.

·
Registered
1985 Euro 300TD Turbo, 1983 Euro 300TD turbo, 1979 Euro 240TD and 1981 300D converted to euro.
2,701 Posts
A set of badges i have still yet to clean up. They had stickers baked on them pretty hard ...havent been able to get them off and i found a 250km high miles one, but lost it with the last car.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Here is the euro 230 at the pick and pull. I'm going to get the headlight screws off the euro lights and pry the trunk open and hopefully get another traingle and clip. Don't you all just love that color?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
washerman said:
i wish i could find a triangle
If I can get the trunk open and get one you can probably have it. Both my cars already have them. Anyone else need anything?

Does anyone else find it strange that the 230 has USDot bumpers while it still has the euro lights? I thought that was very strange. It looked like a pretty nice car and even had a full service history on the floor in the back.

·
Registered
Mercedes 300te
1,972 Posts
Car looks like its a 250 from the engine.. Unless it was replaced sometime ago...

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
euroamg said:
Car looks like its a 250 from the engine.. Unless it was replaced sometime ago...
Crap, your right, it was a 250. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
02 CLK55 Cab 85300CD
137 Posts
Boardmonger said:
If I can get the trunk open and get one you can probably have it. Both my cars already have them. Anyone else need anything?

Does anyone else find it strange that the 230 has USDot bumpers while it still has the euro lights? I thought that was very strange. It looked like a pretty nice car and even had a full service history on the floor in the back.
If you have any extra triangles, I have the clip but am still looking for a triangle....leads on reasonably priced ones are appreciated

G

·
stuff i found in a parts car, at the junkyard....?

how co-incedental, as this used to be the town i lived by in Germany.......

i found this "american's" german birthcertificate, certifiying him as being german.....

this was typical at the time.....German women having kids with ami's.......

the guys probably still around

anyways, here it is..........it was in the parts car i bought........the car had trash in it, this guy had lived in the car a while u could tell, all the papers were in the glovebox, junk, old bills, and this......

G

·
well, for one, i think i'v lost it, in moving around so often, or my father took it, i havent seen it lately.......i had scanned it way back in the day when it was found u see.........

also, how would i find this person anyways

and WHY, whats the point?

its obvios by how he treated the car and stuff that he isnt interested in being German, otherwise the car and the junk in it would'v never looked as it did, sitting at a scap yard, waiting to be PRESSED

i got the whole car for 150 dollars.............

this was in early 2005

·
Registered
1982 300CD
5,162 Posts
Come on, get creative.
I'm sure there's a Pedro Gonzalez or Hector Rodreguez who would love to pick lettuce under the pseudonym of Burt Theodore McAnelly!

Heck, the President would probably call you a true patriot for supporting big business.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts