Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
V230 Auto / V280 Auto
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

The gears on my V230 Auto are starting to jump....not all the time but some times, and normally when it's been sitting for 6 hours + and then only when its changing up from 1st to 2nd....(very raley from 2nd the 3rd). some times the jumping sounds like a cluncking!!

Once the V230 has been running for a couple of mins the gear changing is as smooth as the day she was born....10 years and 98,000 miles ago.

Is this the start of a very expensive problem.....

has anyone any suggestions??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all.

Been ploughing through the very informative threads looking for any help with my V220 cdi Ambiente 2000 (X). This is the closest thread I could see to match my issue. Any help would be most appreciated.

When coming down the gears (Autobox) there is a small judder between 3rd and 2nd then there is an almighty judder between 2nd and 1st. If breaking at the same time the judder will throw your foot off the brake pedal (I'm assuming the ABS is getting confused). I haven't yet approached merc to resolve, but will do so after I can understand why it may be doing this.

Many thanks

Al

·
Registered
v220 ambiente
197 Posts
Hi
It would be worth trying an oil change, or at least checking oil levels. MAKE SURE YOU USE ONLY GENUINE MERC OIL and make sure they sell you the stuff for v class, make them look up part number! My dealer initially insisted on selling me their usual auto oil, they said they had never stocked any other.
CARE! Mixing oils always leads to disaster. If you have work done at local garage I would get oil from Merc and insist they use it.
G

·
Registered
6 Posts
cheers G.

Have had the full oil service and it's still the same. She has only done 65k and I am starting to worry that there is a reason for this......ie been off the road alot! Any more suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Al

1 - 4 of 4 Posts