Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Just want to check in and say hello. I just picked up a 2008 E350 yesterday. Black on Black, sports package, navigation, premium sound package. It's a CPO unit, so it had 5k left on the original warranty, plus the 1 year 50, being a cpo unit, and I threw on the extend warranty. The car had 45k,so it's now cover to 135k or 2years. The car has the IPOD hook up, I have a nano 2- 4gb. It is not charging, so I am in the process of search the formum to see how you all dealt with this.

Again just wan to say Hi!, I am in love with this car already. Any hints, tips, suggestions is highly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Please complete your profile with your car year, model and major specs (4Matic, RWD, etc..)
You made a good decision with the CPO and extended warranty, repairs can be expensive.
I suggest that you check your vin/engine serial number and see if the engine may have a soft harmonic balancer, if you do a search on this forum you will find the TSB describing the potential problem, part of the 08 3.5 L engines are included, if yours is among the suspect vehicles, then you have a 5% chance of having a bad balancer, the fix without warranty is $5000, if not then you're in good shape.
Also, check to see if all of the maintenance is up to date, these cars are very sensitive to maintenance, the transmission should be serviced(filter and flush), the brake fluid should be purged and replaced with new MB Dot4 +, the brakes should be checked.
The car otherwise is very refined and luxurious and you should have many years of enjoyable driving.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts