Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 190E 2.6; 82 300 SD Turbo
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone!

Well, I pulled the trigger on this 91 300D 2.5 Turbo. $3850.

I'll post up the maintenance/service records when I get them all typed up but let me know what you think!

Pics here: W124 300D 2.5 Turbo! - Imgur
More Here: http://imgur.com/a/LiuVp

I think it'll be a good buy. I checked my fuel economy on the trip home which was 164 miles. A/C On. Doing between 65-70mph, trying to keep 65, the cruise was out... I got 39.2 mpg!

So far my issues are:
1) Tilt, not working.
2) Rear dome light
3) Right side cluster light
4) Rust spot in side engine bay behind driver's light

Other than those I've got not complaints. The A/C is nice and cold. The engine bay is amazingly clean compared to my OM617's. The previous owner cared about the car a good deal. I noticed him wipe up some oil that had spilled off the dipstick (and fell on to the alternator housing) after we checked it and had moved onto another area... The previous owners were a nice couple, he was retired police officer and former US Navy. He has a 300SE thats in the shop getting a new head. He is a member of MBCA of Central Ohio. Seemed like a nice guy, straight forward. His wife was nice as well!

Let me know what you guys think and what your to-do list and mods are!

Here's a video of the engine at idle:
1991 Mercedes 300D 2.5 Turbo video by JamesDean59 - Photobucket

Here's the maintenance log and service interval status from all the records I've got:
I just finished typing up the maintenance/service records.... Let me know what you think:

Current Service Interval Status:

I've got a short list of modifications that I--eventually--plan on making:

-Euro Headlights
-Upgrade Radio/Speakers. Add small subwoofer maybe.
-Install additional cigarette lighter in glove box, stealthy run power wire (somehow) for radar detector.
-Keyless Entry, Possible Remote Start (Installed one on a 560SEL, very nice. very long range!)

Feel free to suggest more!

·
Cruise Control
'87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
52,233 Posts
That's a very nice looking car. In fact, it's certainly way better than the $3k car with 70k fewer miles I bought a couple of years ago. I had to swap in a leather interior and spend another $1k to make it look like that. I'm now a huge fan of the 2.5t as a daily driver.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Yeah, I just bought a diesel two weeks ago. It's funny...now everyone is buying them...ha ha!

Great find JD! The sound of that diesel is going to grow on you.

·
Registered
93 190E 2.6; 82 300 SD Turbo
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its distinctly different than my OM617's. Much more refined. LOL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts