Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting article: "Liberal smarties and sophisticates are having fun mocking John McCain , but assuming he gets the nomination, he will a formidable candidate. He may look like a grumpy old man -- specifically, as my friend Kathleen Geier joked, the grumpy old man who yells at kids to get off his lawn -- or the nutty old uncle who rags on everyone at Thanksgiving before passing out in front of the football game. But that's another way of saying McCain is a familiar, indeed family, character. It does not require an imaginative stretch to get John McCain. How many voters know someone like Barack Obama?" Or Hillary Clinton, for that matter?

John McCain May be Old, but He's Still the White Guy

·
66,894 Posts
I don't get it because I am not the type that would hang around someone like McCain; Obama on the other hand I can dig. Maybe I am the kind of white guy that sees Obama as equal in terms of race and superior in terms of puting a vision together for my country.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Well... I guess that's better than arguing: "He may be so stubborn, that he is willing to back a potentially disastrous economic-foreign policy cocktail, just to get the chance to run things, but at least he ain't a nigger."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts