Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
89 560 SEC
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on the board used Jet Chips to re-map the 126 ECU? If so were you satisfied with the results. They claim an increase of 22-24 hp.

·
Registered
89 560 SEC
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jet Chips says if you send in the ECU PCB the will desolder the chip reprogram it and send the assembly back the next day. They say the typical boost is 22-24 hp at the rear wheels.

They say this is available for the 126 class. I asked specifically about the 126C with a 300hp Euro motor installed in as NA spec car.

www.jetchip.com

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
Well, they have the ECU location wrong for the 126 in the location chart. That doesn’t bode well. It should work on any Bosch KE Jetronic/CIS – E equipped MB, but it sounds like voodoo and snake oil to me. [:p]

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
I would be Really hesitant sending my ECU out...But if someone else wants to try it w/ some before and after dyno results I would be interested to see what happens!

hell, I would even try it w/ the spare ECU that I have but not for 500$!!

Jonathan

·
Registered
748 Posts
JET is a company that has been specializing in the manufacture of high-performance CHIPS and ECU-remaps for Import and Domestic cars of all types for a LONG time, I have had experience with them when I first baight a chip for my Dad's 1996 Off-Road toy Dodge Ram (sold). The gains were as claimed by them and performance was awsome. A couple years ago, I friend of mine with a fully restored US-spec 1986 Porsche 928..with 46K on the odometer, told me that he was looking to get more ponies out of the car without any sever custom modificaton to the car, we sent his ECU out to JET in california (from venezuela)...and then again..100% satisfied with its performance, customer service..and expertise.

With my 300SE E-spec recievine a complete make over..and getting an A-spec M117 swap into it with a the engine and tranny completley redone with high-performance in mind...I am planning in sending my ECU out to them this summer when I go to venezuela for vacation and can bring my ECU back with me. They claim 22HP...better shift-points for the auto-tranny, and more engine-response. Here is the link using one of the distributors they have that gives you acces to all the different cars they offer their services to, and how much it REALLY costs, inlcuding MB. http://www.performancecenter.com/products/category_Engine+~~+Performance/productcategory_Factory+ECU+Upgrades/searchtype_123d/sortorder_ADA/brandname_JET/mode_change/.

·
Registered
w126 420 sel
622 Posts
very interesting... i would just be really worried about re-installing the ecu after you get it back. I can picture the worse case scenario in my mind... you install the ecu back into place, you turn the ignition, all the warning lights go on, there is very rough idle, you get the picture. i would have to see first hand reviews from benzworld members before trying this mod.

·
AMG Forums Moderator
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
not saying it's impossible to find improvement, but when you "remap" the ecu in our car, you'll just be getting richer fuel all around, and removal of the revlimiter. Nothing amazing, and heck, if it weren't for Smog emission purposes, you could do it yourself in about 45 mins and some basic handtools for a basic 117 engine (EHA valve adjustements).

You guys are overestimating the ability of the ECU in our car if you think you can gain 22 hp to the ground.

·
AMG Forums Moderator
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
BTW, if you beleive their 22 hp estimate, get in touch with me first, i've got the contacts for an ELECTRIC SUPERCHARGER that will BLOW you AWAY!!! and stickers that will give you 15hp each!!!

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Hey, can I get some of thos 15hp stickers...I only found a 5HP sticker locally [8][8]

Jonathan

·
Registered
748 Posts
Look man, where did it ever said that the power delivered was to the ground? Also, when ever any performance-part manufacture claims an HP gain, they do it by supposing that your engine is running like if it just rolled off the dealer and that your are in ultimate conditions...car AND weather. Use your head......when have you seen K&N filters produce something even close to what they claim they will give you?? Or even better... Intake-companies claiming that their metal sticks with a red filter at the end give you 15HP.... your lucky if you get more than 5hp to the wheels...but hey, its still one of the best selling engine bolt-ons in the industry.

some of you [:eek:)]s make everything sound impossible... and let me tell you, if it worked on my friends 1986 porsche, Im pretty sure it will work on our cars.

·
AMG Forums Moderator
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
the electric supercharger added 5 hp to my lawnmower so obviously it'll add 50 hp to my SEC!

Some of you [:eek:)]s should spend more time doing research.

·
AMG Forums Moderator
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
Use my head? so you say 5 hp from a 15 hp advertisement is reasonable? K&Ns may actually DECREASE hp in the w126 (dyno confirmed).

Some of you [:eek:)]s should just try the modifications instead of BSing about advertised numbers and how such and such worked in my [toyota, honda, chevy, porsche] etcetera so it must work in the w126. maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. try it and report back since you are so sure it'll work. please attach dyno sheets.

·
Registered
560 SEC Supercharged(sold), E55 AMG, Renntech CL600 Bi-turbo, Porsche 928
1,989 Posts
some of you s make everything sound impossible... and let me tell you, if it worked on my friends 1986 porsche,
You are trying to compare an EFI system to a CIS-E system. Our fuel injection is 20 years behind in technology compared to what the Porsche 928 was running in 1986. There is just no comparison. An EFI system is much easier to modify and to control all parameters. Our CIS-E has very little in terms of controllability or tuning and is only slightly better than a 1960's era fuel injection system.

·
Registered
560 SEC Supercharged(sold), E55 AMG, Renntech CL600 Bi-turbo, Porsche 928
1,989 Posts
Make sure you do a before and after dyno so you will reeally know what if anything you are getting.

·
Registered
1989 560SEC
2,056 Posts
Any updates? The company is local to me and I want to approach them regarding reprograming the idle. I know the ECU manages the ICM (idle control module) and ICM manges the ICV (idel control valve). I need my car to idle @ 800 +/- 50 in "D" becasue of cams. I can do it now with a modified ICM but really want it managed electronicly. I tried Programa and they can't modify a GEN II IMC :(

Mike

·
Registered
1989 500SEC
253 Posts
Any updates? The company is local to me and I want to approach them regarding reprograming the idle. I know the ECU manages the ICM (idle control module) and ICM manges the ICV (idel control valve). I need my car to idle @ 800 +/- 50 in "D" becasue of cams. I can do it now with a modified ICM but really want it managed electronicly. I tried Programa and they can't modify a GEN II IMC :(

Mike
Wouldnt it be easier to adjust the throttle valve idle stop to increase the minimum idle speed?

·
Registered
1989 560SEC
2,056 Posts
Wouldnt it be easier to adjust the throttle valve idle stop to increase the minimum idle speed?
??? The Gen II idle is soley contoled electronically. I have modified my idle contol vavle to achieve this. Where is this stop on your car?

Mike

1 - 20 of 22 Posts