Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 E400 4Matic Sedan
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could you please kindly look up the value of my car on your "book"?

It is a 1991 560 SEL with about 108K miles. Got a couple dents (smaller than quater) here and there. Drives great (17.5 MPG on local drive) and I got all the records since I got the car at 102K miles. The only problem is a slightly hard start. 90% of the time it will start on the second time. I think it is because a leaking injector(s).

I would like to drive it for a couple more years first and my total $ in the car is about $6900.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1988 300E '91 560SEL
137 Posts
NewMBie - 5/4/2005 11:25 PM

Ok baised on the information you gave me, I have Bad news, Good news, and great news.lol I rated your car as good. This means there are no major rips in the interior, the dash is not cracked, and the out side it good. and good is still good with a few small dings as you described. The millage on your car is a little high for the year. What is expected of that year model is 97,000. Although it's not unusual for a Benz to have much higher millage, even higher than yours. I also took into consideration the Problem you are having with your car, assuming it's an injector. Here is the bad, the Trade in Value for your car is $3,775.00. This is what you could expect to get for it, if you traded it in at a dealer.
The good news is, the private Party Value is $6,700.00 This is what you could expect to get for it if you listed it in the paper and sold it your self. The great news is if you fix the problem you could eaisly get $8,700.00 for the car. If it where my car and I where selling it, I would fix it, and Start at 10,500.00 and work my way down. However I would never take less than 9,400.00 for that car if it has no problems. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Could you please kindly look up the value of my car on your "book"?

It is a 1991 560 SEL with about 108K miles. Got a couple dents (smaller than quater) here and there. Drives great (17.5 MPG on local drive) and I got all the records since I got the car at 102K miles. The only problem is a slightly hard start. 90% of the time it will start on the second time. I think it is because a leaking injector(s).

I would like to drive it for a couple more years first and my total $ in the car is about $6900.

Thanks.

·
Registered
W126C AMG 6.0
846 Posts
The mileage on your car is a little high for the year. What is expected of that year model is 97,000. Although it's not unusual for a Benz to have much higher millage, even higher than yours.
Umm, that's (97K) a little less than 6,500 miles per year. This car has averaged 7,200 per year. That's considered high mileage for a '91? I'm lost...

·
Registered
1988 300E '91 560SEL
137 Posts
EuroCoupe - 5/5/2005 8:23 PM
It is acording to the book.lol Not many buy a mercedes by the book though. And the Average person drives anywhere from 12-15,000 per year. What his millage is in my eyes, is still low. But acording to the book it's a little high.

The mileage on your car is a little high for the year. What is expected of that year model is 97,000. Although it's not unusual for a Benz to have much higher millage, even higher than yours.
Umm, that's (97K) a little less than 6,500 miles per year. This car has averaged 7,200 per year. That's considered high mileage for a '91? I'm lost...

·
Registered
2016 E400 4Matic Sedan
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much. I would not even dream about sell it at $7500, let alone $9400.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts