Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
W126 560 SEL 1990 / CL600 (98)
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive absolutely no idea what this web site is saying, the car for sale dont seem to have changed for months, but its got a lot of great W126's with plenty of pictures.

I know that Kuwaities have sourced cars from this garage.

see what you think.

www.rakuten.co.jp/sk-network

Regards

Expat560

·
Registered
500 SEC AMG Mod'd
1,235 Posts
I have heard nothing but great things about Kuwait, do they have many w126s there and how do they view them? Do rich people drive them or do they only buy new cars? Curious how wealth and and old MBs play out. Those Jap cars are stunning, I would rather have one of those then a new MB... sort of. Please tell me about the climate for car like ours in Kuwait....

·
Registered
2001 M-B E320 (W210)
491 Posts
Ive absolutely no idea what this web site is saying, the car for sale dont seem to have changed for months, but its got a lot of great W126's with plenty of pictures.

I know that Kuwaities have sourced cars from this garage.

see what you think.

Regards

Expat560
For a very rough translation, go to Yahoo! Babel Fish - Text Translation and Web Page Translation copy and paste into the translator and select Japanese to English. At least you can pick up some of what is written in Japanese...

This "91年式 ベンツ560SEL AMGV2仕様・黒/グレーカスタムコンビ内装" means something like '91 year type Benz 560SEL AMGV2 specification black/gray custom combination interior'

·
Mercedes
9,038 Posts
Good eye candy!:D

There's a MB122 Mother of Pear Grey 560SEL thats got AMG 3pc wheels painted to match body color. Its the first time I see pics of this color on a Euro 560SEL with these wheels... which gives me a visual of how my planned project will look like:thumbsup:

·
Registered
W126 560 SEL 1990 / CL600 (98)
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive only been hear 4 months, but generally Kuwaities like big flash new cars, bigger the engine the better, cannot knock them for that.!. No asthmatic Jap cars with twin turbos and off the scale red line rubbish. Big V8 / V12, American muscle, German (or top end Lexus) The biggest SUV you can find with the blingest wheels, plus of course top end Italian super cars of every colour !.

Which means the luxuary car market of yesterday has plenty to choose from. Nice condition old Mercs are on the road mostly owned by older Kuwaities who have a car collection. The guy I bought mine off had 8 car on his drive. 560 SEC, my car, S600, CL600 being the Mercs, plus 2 porkers a Luxus, daft SUV of some type and one other ?.

I have to say however that the standard of driving is the worst I have ever seen. The people are nuts ! and I mean proper crazy. You see a car on its roof every day !.
In fairness what else would you do if you had more money than sense, booze is banned, so no night clubs etc and being a Muslin country strick rules apply on dating and so on. You buy the flashest car you can, drive it like a nutter and then right it off in a spectacular way !.

As a result of the above lots of crappy beaten up old cars also on the road, driven by the migrant workers (over half of the population). So the challenge is to avoiding the smashed up examples. What I have learned is that Jap cars are fantastic examples and the Yen is dirt cheap in Kuwaitie money, so buy the Jap import. I understand that the Jap aution houses approve and guarentee condition of vehical and brokers are readily available to organise shipping. Im going to look into this some more, a nice clean late 90s CL600 would be on the shopping list !.

Not been the scrap yards as yet but a set of AMG wheels would be nice, must look into this !.

Regards

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
39,659 Posts
Ive only been hear 4 months, but generally Kuwaities like big flash new cars, bigger the engine the better, cannot knock them for that.!. No asthmatic Jap cars with twin turbos and off the scale red line rubbish. Big V8 / V12, American muscle, German (or top end Lexus) The biggest SUV you can find with the blingest wheels, plus of course top end Italian super cars of every colour !.

Which means the luxuary car market of yesterday has plenty to choose from. Nice condition old Mercs are on the road mostly owned by older Kuwaities who have a car collection. The guy I bought mine off had 8 car on his drive. 560 SEC, my car, S600, CL600 being the Mercs, plus 2 porkers a Luxus, daft SUV of some type and one other ?.

I have to say however that the standard of driving is the worst I have ever seen. The people are nuts ! and I mean proper crazy. You see a car on its roof every day !.
In fairness what else would you do if you had more money than sense, booze is banned, so no night clubs etc and being a Muslin country strick rules apply on dating and so on. You buy the flashest car you can, drive it like a nutter and then right it off in a spectacular way !.

As a result of the above lots of crappy beaten up old cars also on the road, driven by the migrant workers (over half of the population). So the challenge is to avoiding the smashed up examples. What I have learned is that Jap cars are fantastic examples and the Yen is dirt cheap in Kuwaitie money, so buy the Jap import. I understand that the Jap aution houses approve and guarentee condition of vehical and brokers are readily available to organise shipping. Im going to look into this some more, a nice clean late 90s CL600 would be on the shopping list !.

Not been the scrap yards as yet but a set of AMG wheels would be nice, must look into this !.

Regards
I remember buying a bottle of JW for 17 Dinar or so, and actually drinking from it in the upstairs Sheraton bar.
We ordered a bunch of coke and ice (water would have been to obvious), and had the bottle in a plastic bag under the table.
And yeah, I have been to that segregated beach. Quite an experience.

Dubai has a policy where cars have to be junked after a certain age, and should be a cheap source.
My friend Khalifa's brother in Abu Dhabi, bought a 91 560SEC AMG. Two month later the new model came out, and the SEC relegated to the garage. I would be surprised if the SEC has even 20,000 Km on it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I remember buying a bottle of JW for 17 Dinar or so, and actually drinking from it in the upstairs Sheraton bar.
We ordered a bunch of coke and ice (water would have been to obvious), and had the bottle in a plastic bag under the table.
And yeah, I have been to that segregated beach. Quite an experience.

Dubai has a policy where cars have to be junked after a certain age, and should be a cheap source.
My friend Khalifa's brother in Abu Dhabi, bought a 91 560SEC AMG. Two month later the new model came out, and the SEC relegated to the garage. I would be surprised if the SEC has even 20,000 Km on it.

From january 2009 they were going to introduce a law in Dubai where cars over 20 years old had to be scrapped but at the last moment the rulers changed their mind until further notice as a helping gesture to the people that are not so well off and cannot afford a newer car. I haven't heard that they changed their mind again.

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
39,659 Posts
From january 2009 they were going to introduce a law in Dubai where cars over 20 years old had to be scrapped but at the last moment the rulers changed their mind until further notice as a helping gesture to the people that are not so well off and cannot afford a newer car. I haven't heard that they changed their mind again.
Was this non implemented law planned only for Dubai, or UAE wide?
I heard low mileage used cars are being imported from Japan.
Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts